Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

X-Plane 1.50Beta1 and HP Reverb first impression

Just did a quick test run with a clean X-Plane install and updated to the long expected Vulcan 1.50 Beta version and ORBX LOWI and HD Monitor wise in 1080P , it's  a perfect running sim and big improved . Even Xvision is no longer needed and all sliders to the max is giving me 60 fps (with very bad shadows though) and 100 fps without shadows with the default Cirrus Jet so very nice BUT...  here it comes... I think my i5-9600 with 32Gb and TITAN XP 12Gb is still to weak for the X-Plane/Reverb Combo.

I still have to use max 2 x SSAA where 4x SSAA is minimum needed for a playable and for 80% shimmer free experience so a NoGo for the moment in HP Reverb VR

While Using 2xSSAA in the sim, fpsVR is showing a average of 35-40 fps and a very nice spread over the 6 CPU cores by 15Ms Frametime and the GPU is only 2,5 Ms by a GPU load of only 40-50%. Basicly the AA is at 2xSSAA good but the shimmer is still the massive and negative gamechanger in this.

A nice comparision to P3d 4.5 who is fully ORBX loaded and still improving due to better Nvidia and Steam drivers where I have very high settings in the sim on 4x SSAA and with my 3 populair planes, Embrear 505 Phenom 300, TFDi 717-200 and last but not least the PMDG 737 NGu I mostly fly online on Vatsim in full VR with a average of 45 fps. (but also without shadows) In the Steam VR app I have the SS at 200% and that setting gives me a very, very sharp picture so compliments to the Titan GPU. The best buy for my Flightsim PC. 

Still the best performer for VR is Aerofly but using it only for VFR in TE Netherlands or flying the very fast jets in the Freeware Lofoten (Norway) mountain area with 90fps on 90hz.

So... I think the next refuel will be MSFS 2020 later this year.

Happy landings...

Edited by simba_nl
  • Upvote 1