Sign in to follow this  
dbrooke

X-Plane 11.50b1 dlls not found.

I have added dlls manually and also uninstalled and reinstalled, the copilot runs through flows and checklists. But no actions take place.  Was working fine with 11.41.

WW4959.png

14 hours ago, dbrooke said:

I have added dlls manually and also uninstalled and reinstalled, the copilot runs through flows and checklists. But no actions take place.  Was working fine with 11.41.

May have added wrong files (32 bit) by mistake.

Delete <MCE dlls> from your X-Plane installation folder.

Download latest version for X-Plane

Un-install MCE and just re-install. Make sure you direct installer to all your X-Plane installations if you have more than one.

If <MCE dlls> folder not automatically added to \X-Plane\ main installation folder.....

Unzip and look under \Resources\Files\XPlane\ folder

Copy entire <MCE dlls> folder and paste it to all your X-Plane installation folders.

Re-installed again, I am afraid I am getting the same message. I have rolled back to OpenGL version and MCE behaves normally.  It just seems it doesn't like Vulkan for some reason.  It's rather perplexing as paths don't change with the new API.

Edited by dbrooke

WW4959.png

2 hours ago, dbrooke said:

Re-installed again, I am afraid I am getting the same message. I have rolled back to OpenGL version and MCE behaves normally.  It just seems it doesn't like Vulkan for some reason.  It's rather perplexing as paths don't change with the new API.

OK, will be updating to 11.5 latest in order to see what's going on.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 9:44 PM, dbrooke said:

Installed 11.5 Beta.

Runs OK in OpenGL mode and MCE loads and works when tested with Zibo n737.

Unable to run X-Plane (after enabling Vulkan on Nvidia supported card). Get a black screen.

In general, since MCE doesn't do any graphics drawing inside X-Plane process, it's hard to think of anything that could affect it in relation to the switch to Vulkan.

Airplanes and weather plugins might be affected.

I believe even the Toliss plane itself isn't yet ready for Vulkan yet. Or is it?

Thanks, I am getting visual problems with the Toliss as well as no sound. and they reckon it's a failure of SASL,  I don't understand the log.txt well enough to decipher it.  I have done a file check with X-plane and it comes up OK.  I have latest NVidia drivers.  I can't assess whether the failure of SASL is affecting MCE.  But the whole thing is turning out to be a bit of a car crash so I shall just switch back to OpenGL for now.

Edited by dbrooke

WW4959.png

2 hours ago, dbrooke said:

I can't assess whether the failure of SASL is affecting MCE.  But the whole thing is turning out to be a bit of a car crash so I shall just switch back to OpenGL 

None of the MCE dlls running inside X-Plane process use SASL.

The whole purpose of running MCE as a separate external app is precisely to reduce adverse effects on the sim, the most important thing.

And have lots of fun with FO, not worrying about saying something that "may upset the system".

For instance, running the speech engine in a gauge or dll inside the sim process is a no no, at least if you want to finish that long haul 10 hours flight.

The dlls only read switch state and set it on request.

xpInsider64.xpl does a bit more, including giving co-pilot situational awareness, but again, doesn't use 3D drawing calls and such. Only thing it draws is the spoken command in a 2D window at the top left of the screen.

If the plane uses SASL to draw stuff, or it's not yet compatible with Vulkan mode, then yes, the direct result would be Fo saying he's doing something (in "mce.exe) and the switch in the cockpit isn't updating its state.

Agree, Vulkan might be too early for some planes.

I suggest you use Vulkan mode with Zibo Mod and see if MCE FO operates the plane as expected. You'll then know whether it's a matter of waiting for Toliss to update the plane.

Or ask whether any Toliss A319, A321 user is successfully running those planes in Vulkan mode on the Toliss forum

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/392-airbus-a319/

Maybe SASL itself needs an update.??

I rolled back to 11.41, XP was just crashing in OpenGL mode, so I have left it for now. 

WW4959.png