Sign in to follow this  
Txeroki96

Unable to initialize Databse

I have install V2.6.1.1 R3 with both navigraphs and nothing happend i can not get the sql networking going porperly, i've done everything i saw i other posts but it's imposible.

I leave the error message: 

Unable to initialize Database - The underlying provider failed to open.

A network related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server.  The server was not found or was not accessible.  Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections.  

Edited by Txeroki96

This is not a Navigraph problem causing this.  It is the Microsoft SQL Database engine.

1.    First, check in Control Panel->Programs and Features that the program is installed physically.   You should find an entry for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express LocalDB.
2.    If it’s not there, you can try installing the SQL LocalDB engine again.  Here’s a link to the Microsoft installer program on my Dropbox server: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b30wwk84t7a4ngp/SqlLocalDBx64.zip?dl=0     You can download, unzip and run the installer.  Take note if any error messages are given, but it should run without issue.  Then try starting Pilot2ATC again. 
3.    If you have a 3rd party anti-virus/security program, try starting without it running.  If that fixes the problem the anti-viruse/security program is likely blocking access to the SQL LocalDB program and needs to have some settings changed.
4.     If that doesn't do it try deleting and recreating the SQLLocalDB as follows
⦁    Open a Windows command prompt as administrator.
⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB stop "MSSQLLocalDB"
    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB delete "MSSQLLocalDB"
⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB create "MSSQLLocalDB"
⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB start "MSSQLLocalDB"
⦁    Try starting P2A again

5.    There may be some corrupt or missing files in the MSSQLLocalDB work folder.  It is located at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\Instances\MSSQLLocalDB  where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.   Locate this folder and delete the entire folder.  SQL will rebuild the folder and valid contents on the next startup of Pilot2ATC.

Dave