Sign in to follow this  
lewandell

love the user interface but cannot get it to work

I have downloaded the demo with the aim of purchasing the full. However I am running into a number of problems. I have my mic set up, I've installed and set as default US language pack, I have managed to connect to xplane without issues but trying to interact with atc does not work. Even when I attempt to use the 'say it' and 'help' functions to input requests it takes a very long time, 5 mins or so, for a response. But it is the grammar help that is posing the most problems. When trying to practice and i speak the request the program just hangs and i get 'not responding' notification. I have to close the whole thing. Similar happens with the Train mode, I never get the window pop up that the instruction booklet suggests will pop up. I have read the manual from cover to cover but cannot seem to get past this. I really like this and want it to work.

Please help

Ray

Since you are sometimes getting responses, then you probably have it set up correctly.

Your symptoms sound like you don't have enough memory in your PC.  To use it with the SIM running, you need at least 16GB of memory.   8 GB should be enough to use without the SIM or other high workload running on the PC.

Dave

I have 16gb and a reasonably high end machine. I've managed to get the say it functions to work but voice recognition, like many others, just will not. I still can't get the train function to work either. I will  not be parting with any money unfortunately. by the way, i was getting freezing without the sim running, just to get the speech working via the grammar help.

Edited by lewandell

16GB should be plenty.  It could be  the language settings stopping the training from working.  Here are some things to check:

Check  the following settings in Windows Time & Language settings section:
Region Tab:
Country or region – United States - may work with your native country
Regional format – May work with your native lang.  If not set to: Recommend [English (United States)]

Language Tab:
Windows display language – May work with your native lang.  If not set to: English (United States)
Preferred languages – English(United States) at top of list

Speech Tab:
Speech Language – English(United States)
Recognize non-native accents for this language – Check if you are not a native US English speaker

If you haven't done the standard Microsoft Speech Training, do that now.  Some users have had the P2A Training start working after they went through the Windows language training.

Finally, and this may be the most important: 
Bring up the old style Control Panel and navigate to 
Control Panel->Ease of Access->Speech Recognition->Advanced Speech Options->SpeechRecognition and set Language to "Microsoft Speech Recognition 8.0 for Windows (English US).

Hi Dave,

Do not know exactly what I did but I have managed to get speech recognition working and as a result I am now exploring the full extent the program has to offer. With the speech I did notice there was an Asus app called Sonic Studio so I used this to set the levels rather than Windows so that may have been the problem in that I thought Windows was responsible for mic levels. Anyway, it looks like I will be making the investment in due course.

Oh, on my first flight I did a short trip using Auto Flight Plan. When arriving near the destination airport I did expect atc to transition me to the right flight level but on entering their control space and tuning into them I did not hear from them, apart from the initial response,  and landed without control. Was I missing something here? I'm still a novice when it comes to atc and flight plans so forgive the ignorance. I am hoping pilot2atc will further my knowledge.

regards

Ray

Ray,

Glad you found a solution and you're able to fly now.  I agree that it was probably the presence of Sonic Studio that kept the Windows Settings from doing the trick.  

If you could email me (admin@pilot2atc.com) the log file for the flight you took I can review to see what went wrong. 

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down. So if you take the most recent one after you have the error and after you shut down P2A, you should have the correct one.  

Thanks, 

Dave