Sign in to follow this  
xander65

P3Dv5 crash on start up

Hello, I installed version 5 of Prepar3d, during the first start I get this error message concerning the RTX 2080 video card, program blocked, I cannot intervene on the options and I have to forcefully close the program.

I state that I am installing the simulator on a machine completely re-prepared with native windows10 and I have installed the latest NVIDIA drivers (445.75)

Some advice?

This may or may not help your situation, but I resolved this similar error message (this device GTX1070 not working... and so on) followed by a CTD with this fix:

I have v4.5 and v5 running on the same Windows 10 system. I had used RTSS to fix FPS in v4.5 which works well in v4.5 but not in v5. The fix is to open RTSS and delete the Prepar3d profile. Restart Win 10 and v5 and the scenario startup screen should appear without the crash. This solved the issue on my system  

Hope this works for some of the users who had CTDs on startup.  Enjoy!

Rich L

My Sim was crashing on startup. I discovered that AS P3D was causing the crash.

I removed AS P3D from C:\Users\your username\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons.

Restarted Sim, then started up as normal. Tested with a new install of AS P3D and the issue was still there.

The AS P3D install is the latest release from HiFi Tech version 7487 Full install

Edited by Jettech