Sign in to follow this  
juaness

iFly 744 Posky Merge

3 hours ago, juaness said:

I mean the term movement. When I try to set for take off, the white line disappear. Maybe could be the elevator_trim_effectiveness?

thanks

You have lost me. The point of the merge is to get the POSKy model to fly/behave like the IFLY. So we use the airfile AND aircraft cfg of the airfile. The only thing we need to change if necessary are the contact points (including static height and pitch) plus the lights section.

When you set your aircraft for takeoff....set your vspeeds  and click on the button next to the CG. You will then get your trim setting (probably something like 6.3). Then open the throttle quadrant panel and set your trim (white line) to (6.3)  That's it.....there shouldn't be any white line disappear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, edetroit said:

You have lost me. The point of the merge is to get the POSKy model to fly/behave like the IFLY. So we use the airfile AND aircraft cfg of the airfile. The only thing we need to change if necessary are the contact points (including static height and pitch) plus the lights section.

When you set your aircraft for takeoff....set your vspeeds  and click on the button next to the CG. You will then get your trim setting (probably something like 6.3). Then open the throttle quadrant panel and set your trim (white line) to (6.3)  That's it.....there shouldn't be any white line disappear.

Thanks Ed, 

I already got it. The thing is iFly doesn’t have cargo version for the weight and balance. I think I got it now. 
I know the cg from vspeeds take off page, and I also use topcat for takeoff performance.

by now I think Everything works and fly good. 

the only thing it doesn’t works for me are the lights...No way to get them work. Only Landing lights work...don’t know if you can help me with that.

anyway...thank u VERY MUCH, you ar genius!

regards

25 minutes ago, juaness said:

Thanks Ed, 

I already got it. The thing is iFly doesn’t have cargo version for the weight and balance. I think I got it now. 
I know the cg from vspeeds take off page, and I also use topcat for takeoff performance.

by now I think Everything works and fly good. 

the only thing it doesn’t works for me are the lights...No way to get them work. Only Landing lights work...don’t know if you can help me with that.

anyway...thank u VERY MUCH, you ar genius!

regards

Okay great! I was going to add that what I added to the flap section was simply for the POSKY flap animation, it has no effect.

For the lights..... I just had a peek at my cfg and it appears I am using Light.x = 10 for my nav, beacon and strobes which tells me that the cabin light variable (10) is the only one the IFLY doesn't use. IOW for merging all lights (and smoke section) are screwed bar Landing and possibly taxi.

Great shame really as again I stress the FDE is superb! systems are great but who knows what they were thinking when it came to the lights. 

The POSKY model is a bit long in the tooth too. I hope Hiroshi finishes his new model....then it would be worth making a whole new custom panel. 😎 

Edited by edetroit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, edetroit said:

Okay great! I was going to add that what I added to the flap section was simply for the POSKY flap animation, it has no effect.

For the lights..... I just had a peek at my cfg and it appears I am using Light.x = 10 for my nav, beacon and strobes which tells me that the cabin light variable (10) is the only one the IFLY doesn't use. IOW for merging all lights (and smoke section) are screwed bar Landing and possibly taxi.

Great shame really as again I stress the FDE is superb! systems are great but who knows what they were thinking when it came to the lights. 

The POSKY model is a bit long in the tooth too. I hope Hiroshi finishes his new model....then it would be worth making a whole new custom panel. 😎 

still having problems with cg 😢...ive done lots of merges, but to be honest ...dont know whats going on here...any chance to see your aircraft cfg?

I have change the compleate cfg, from the iFly one!...I replaced Contact points plus lights, and happens this...

Sin-t-tulo.jpg

I will not be posting my merge here.... did you change your static_pitch and static_cg_height?

static_pitch = -0.150     //-0.200
static_cg_height = 13.80
gear_system_type=1      //Hydraulic
max_number_of_points=9
tailwheel_lock=0

You have a PM 

• Like 1