Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm Wright

Fixing cockpit structures in FSX

Recently I have been having serious problems with most of my aircraft. Essentially when loaded the cockpit, in the majority of cases, have large sections missing. Mostly this is the non electronic/working part of the cockpit. The instruments hang in place with nothing to support them and the ground can be seen between the gaps. In some case the main panel with the flying instruments, etc is ok but there is nothing at the sides.

I have contacted the aircraft manufacturer who supplied most of my current aircraft, about this but so far they don't seem to come up with a solution. In many cases these aircraft are those that I have had for years - and this suggests the possibility that the problem comes from the computer itself. As it happens the computer is going back to the manufacturer  tomorrow for some upgrades and there is the possibility that this might sort the problem. However, being a pessimist, I am not holding my breath.

So I am wondering if any one else has had this problem and come up with a solution? If so I would be delighted to hear from you.

All the best

Malcolm Wright

Did they suggest the usual things like:

1.Turn off DX10 Preview

2. If Acceleration is not installed, do you have SP1 and SP2?

These are the 2 things I can think of that might be causing your issues.  Are these all payware type aircraft?

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: