Sign in to follow this  
cgi_sbfz

[P3D4.5] Loss of FPS when minimizing

Guys, i noticed this strange behavior few days ago and this is driving me crazy. W10 and Nvidia were updated less than 24h apart and i don't know which one started the issue, but i managed to revert nvidia driver to two previous version and didn't solve it. 

Everything is running smoothly, then i minimize P3D (i run it in window mode always), when i maximize it again the FPS drops massively to a point that is absolutely impossible to continue flying. It happens to different aircrafts and sceneries. Tried clean reinstall of P3D and no success.

Does anyone have any clue what it might be? 

First, why do you minimize P3D anyway? This will halt graphics and terrain processing and could crash the sim. If you want to work with another window then you should bring it up on top of P3D.

Does performance ever recover or does it stay that way until you quit?

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

10 hours ago, Evros said:

First, why do you minimize P3D anyway? This will halt graphics and terrain processing and could crash the sim. If you want to work with another window then you should bring it up on top of P3D.

Does performance ever recover or does it stay that way until you quit?

I always used that way since fs2004, this is the first it happens to me, never heard that minimizing could cause troubles. No, performance doesn't recover. Yesterday i kept P3D maximized the whole flight in the way you suggested and the FPS remained stable. 

8 hours ago, Rogen said:

Thanks, Rogen. FSO was already disabled, unfortunately didn't solve it.