Sign in to follow this  
sluihn

climb control

Hey i am having a problem with trim control using cessna trim formerly saitek   i don't have a problem with the falcon but after i set an altitude and climb variance its pretty smooth and then try to go to higher altitude i set altitude in dial and then press ALT SEL and then the plane just either drops out of sky or tries to do a flip.  Have you seen this   Latest version B but also done this action since V5 installer came out.  

Thanks

Steve

12 hours ago, sluihn said:

Hey i am having a problem with trim control using cessna trim formerly saitek   i don't have a problem with the falcon but after i set an altitude and climb variance its pretty smooth and then try to go to higher altitude i set altitude in dial and then press ALT SEL and then the plane just either drops out of sky or tries to do a flip.  Have you seen this   Latest version B but also done this action since V5 installer came out. 

What is the airspeed when the Lear "just either drops out of sky or tries to do a flip"?

I suspect that if you are climbing in V/S mode the aircraft is running out of airspeed and stalling due to a lack of power (throttles not set high enough) or the V/S setting is to high.

To climb or descend to an altitude with the AP:

1. Set the target altitude in the altitude select window inside the altimeter

2. Put the Lear into the desired climb or descent and TRIM the a/c so it flies almost hands-off. This is very important, the a/c must be in trim with the throttles set for the ALTSEL function to work well. If the a/c is not in trim, the a/c will pitch up and down when you engage the ALTSEL function as outlined below.

3. With the autopilot on, select ALTSEL and then either SPD or V/S on the AFCS panel. It is usually best to use SPD when climbing, and V/S when descending, but that is up to you. The throttles must be set to provide enough power to climb or the aircraft can stall when in V/S mode. The ALTSEL button will say ARM, and then CAP when you get within 300ft of the target altitude.

4. When the a/c reaches the target altitude, the AFCS should switch to ALT mode.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Hello...  I haven’t tried latest install yet.  Let me try to troubleshoot tomorrow.

Thanks 

steve