I'm not sure if this is  the right forum to post this. I am having issues with my Saitek flight rudder pedals. I am using a Windows 10 OS and P3D v4.5 with Hotfix3. Before having the issue I was trying to assign a different axis (the joystick rotatory axis) to use with the tiller and then leave the rudder pedals only for rudder. I used fsuipc for this and watching youtube tutorials, however after doing that, the rudder pedals got stuck to the right side and will hardly move. There is a certain position on the rudders to the left where if don't move them, the rudder in the sim will stay centered, but after trying to go left of right, it will lock again fully to the right. I tried removing the assignments and resetting the controls through P3D and fsuipc, also uninstalling the drivers  through 'Device Manager', restarting and connecting again, but the issue is still there.

Again, I'm not sure if this is the right place but I tried searching the internet and had no luck.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I've had this rudder pedals for about a year and haven't had any issues before.

Assuming you're not talking about the physical rudder pedals getting stuck to one side... have you tried calibrating the rudder pedals in Windows?  I would avoid using the Saitek software for calibration. 

Now forgive me for sending you to our (the Aerosoft) forum, but I recently posted how to calibrate rudder pedals and differential (toe) brakes, and I included a video which I've since deleted from my computer (because I uploaded it to the post below)... so, if you'd like some help calibrating your rudder pedals the best I can offer you is a link to my post in the Aerosoft forum.  My apologies in advance my friend.

I hope this is helpful for you.

LINK:  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/152454-differential-brakes/&do=findComment&comment=976983

Best wishes!

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Assuming you're not talking about the physical rudder pedals getting stuck to one side... have you tried calibrating the rudder pedals in Windows?  I would avoid using the Saitek software for calibration. 

Now forgive me for sending you to our (the Aerosoft) forum, but I recently posted how to calibrate rudder pedals and differential (toe) brakes, and I included a video which I've since deleted from my computer (because I uploaded it to the post below)... so, if you'd like some help calibrating your rudder pedals the best I can offer you is a link to my post in the Aerosoft forum.  My apologies in advance my friend.

I hope this is helpful for you.

LINK:  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/152454-differential-brakes/&do=findComment&comment=976983

Best wishes!

Thanks for the help Dave. And yeah forgot to mention, it's the virtual rudder the one that's stuck, my physical rudder is in pretty good conditions.

Unfortunately, that did not resolve the issue. I already tried resetting the controller calibration with the registry from logitech but still the same. During the Windows calibrating box, I turn my physical rudders fully to the left and the red bar stays on the right and twitches a little bit. The toe brakes are workig 100%, it's just the rudder axis. Again, thanks for the quick reply!

12 hours ago, Jkaled777 said:

Thanks for the help Dave. And yeah forgot to mention, it's the virtual rudder the one that's stuck, my physical rudder is in pretty good conditions.

Unfortunately, that did not resolve the issue. I already tried resetting the controller calibration with the registry from logitech but still the same. During the Windows calibrating box, I turn my physical rudders fully to the left and the red bar stays on the right and twitches a little bit. The toe brakes are workig 100%, it's just the rudder axis. Again, thanks for the quick reply!

From what you've explained, I'm wondering if you don't have some part of the rudder pedals that have gone bad.  Don't be worried about taking the rudder pedals apart to check and see if anything is broken internally... they are very simple devices.  In fact, I have both types of Saitek rudder pedals, and over time each one broke in a different way.  If it is a hardware issue it's too soon to say it's a bad Pot, but from what you've said it seems likely.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Have you try to plug your rudder pedals to a different USB port ?

On 5/3/2020 at 3:43 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

From what you've explained, I'm wondering if you don't have some part of the rudder pedals that have gone bad.  Don't be worried about taking the rudder pedals apart to check and see if anything is broken internally... they are very simple devices.  In fact, I have both types of Saitek rudder pedals, and over time each one broke in a different way.  If it is a hardware issue it's too soon to say it's a bad Pot, but from what you've said it seems likely.

I am using the third axis in my joystick for now. I have tried everything but I guess there is something broken inside of my rudder pedals. Thanks for the help! 🙂

On 5/3/2020 at 6:42 PM, ntydk said:

Have you try to plug your rudder pedals to a different USB port ?

Yes. I tried all my USB ports just in case, no luck. Thanks for the reply!