Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

AOP4 1.54 b02 not activating some scenery

Hi, running P3D v5 with AOP4 b02.

Some of the scenery is able to be activated, but other components cant be.

For example, Orbx airports:

• FTX_AA_EGCW will activate/deactivate with a click.
  • FTX_AA_EGFF does not activate no matter how many times I click it.

I've ensured that I have full folder permissions.

I did not have any problems prior to installing the P3D hotfix and updating to the AOP4 beta.

What could be causing certain sceneries to not respond to AOP4 input?

Thanks! 

Edit:

Looking in the Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder, I think I see the problem.

Scenery that should read:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>EU A Alps</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description />
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>Z:\3a Europe RdlS\EU A Alps</Path>
    <Name>EU A Alps</Name>
    <Layer>238</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Instead now reads:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>EU A Alps</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>EU A Alps</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component.Disabled>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>Z:\3a Europe RdlS\EU A Alps</Path>
    <Name>EU A Alps</Name>
    <Layer>145</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component.Disabled>
</SimBase.Document>

Question: Why have the  </AddOn.Component.Disabled> been added? Is this something that AOP4 beta has done, or is it somehow part of the P3D reinstall process? 

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

55 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Question: Why have the  </AddOn.Component.Disabled> been added?

Please take a look at the chapter at the beginning of the manual about Disabling Scenery. This tag is used by P4AO when the "strict package law" is not turned on, to disable components inside a package. This is non-standard and against the P3D specification - but the only way to do it, because Components don't have an "Active" tag. I have been nagging LM about this since day one of V4.0, but to no avail.

When a scenery doesn't want to turn green, go to the Packages tab and make sure that the package is active where the scenery component is in (packages have an "Active" property...). When strict package law is disabled in P4AO you can disable/enable the package and the components within separately.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

14 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Please take a look at the chapter at the beginning of the manual about Disabling Scenery. This tag is used by P4AO when the "strict package law" is not turned on, to disable components inside a package. This is non-standard and against the P3D specification - but the only way to do it, because Components don't have an "Active" tag. I have been nagging LM about this since day one of V4.0, but to no avail.

When a scenery doesn't want to turn green, go to the Packages tab and make sure that the package is active where the scenery component is in (packages have an "Active" property...). When strict package law is disabled in P4AO you can disable/enable the package and the components within separately.

Best regards

Thanks Lorby.

I haven't used the "packages" tab previously, but something I don't fully understand changed with the sim update (v5 to v5 with Hotfix). From my limited understanding of P4AO, the files in question should not have been in a package at all, as it's just scenery that I have made myself.

For anyone else with the problem:

Following Oliver's instructions, I went in to the "packages" tab and clicked on "activate all". The tabs that I typically use: "Scenery" and"Groups" - now function properly again.

@Oliver thanks again for this great program.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

From my limited understanding of P4AO, the files in question should not have been in a package at all, as it's just scenery that I have made myself.

That is actually very simple. In P3D Learning Center nomenclature, an addon "Package" is, simply put, the add-on.xml. 

Every add-on.xml that the simulator knows about is collected in one of the two add-ons.cfg files with a [Package.x] definition. You can see the packages in P3D on the dialog "Options -> Add-ons".

By P3D default, only the packages can be enabled or disabled (= always the whole add-on.xml). That may not sound like much of an issue, but imagine you have organized your scenery into packages per continent, and you want to disable a single airport - but you can always only enable/disable the whole continent. To get around this, P4AO uses the described non.standard way of disabling single components inside a package, by effectively breaking the component definition. That leads to the issue that you had - the package was disabled, and the scenery within it was disabled too - so you have to enable both to get the scenery back.

To be on the safe side, you should turn on the strict package law in P4AO - then the tool behaves exactly like the simulator.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI