Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Must run Addon Manager after installing scenery with install

I just wanted to pass on my experience with both P3DV5 and  P3DV5 HF1. If I install a scenery using the developers scenery, I must also run the addon manager prior to trying to start P3DV5. The addon manager tells me it has found new scenery and I need to click save. The Addon Manager then saves the scenery and P3DV5 will start. Failure to save the cfg with Addon Manager causes P3DV5 to not get past the splash screen. Hope this is useful.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

2 hours ago, gregmorin said:

I just wanted to pass on my experience with both P3DV5 and  P3DV5 HF1. If I install a scenery using the developers scenery, I must also run the addon manager prior to trying to start P3DV5. The addon manager tells me it has found new scenery and I need to click save. The Addon Manager then saves the scenery and P3DV5 will start. Failure to save the cfg with Addon Manager causes P3DV5 to not get past the splash screen. Hope this is useful.

Greg

Hello Greg,

does freshly installed add-on.xml have an <AddOn.Description>  tag?

An empty description tag will crash the sim on startup - the latest version of P4AO corrects this automatically (empty looks like this: <AddOn.Description/>)

Best regards

LORBY-SI

6 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Greg,

An empty description tag will crash the sim on startup - the latest version of P4AO corrects this automatically (empty looks like this: <AddOn.Description/>)

Best regards

That may be the issue. The addons were from Flightbeam and PKsim. I will check the next time I install and addon.

Greg

Greg Morin

On 5/4/2020 at 10:06 AM, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Greg,

Best regards

I just installed Chicago and Washington DC from Drzewiecki.

Both products did have the <AddOn.Description/> in the add-on.xml . P3DV5 HF1 would not prgress from the splash screen until I ran the Addon Manager. The Addon Manager gave me a notice of the packages added and the save button was highlighted red. I saved the cfg and P3DV5 then started normally. PeDV5 did NOT ask me to activate the scenery. Both addons were present and active in the sim.

Greg

Greg Morin

8 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

PeDV5 did NOT ask me to activate the scenery.

P4AO does that for you.

Best regards

LORBY-SI