Sign in to follow this  
Atlas

Shorter callsigns and greetings

Is it possible to have a shorter callsign after the inital call?  For example, Cessna G-12AB, then later on just 2AB?

Is it possible to include greetings such as good morning, good evening, good day, have a nice day, etc?  It's odd to just say "Cessna G-12AB at FL080" then the ATC replies with a greeting, makes me feel rude.

Thanks!

Yes and Yes.  However, you should use the full callsign on the initial call since that controller hasn't heard from you yet.  And of course, a "good morning, Cessna G-12AB at FL 240" should work.

Dave

Hi Dave! 

Is there anything I need to do to set up shorter callsigns or will they just work by default?  As for the greeting, is there a format that will work?  One tutorial video I watched he "cheated" by saying the greeting first without pressing the PTT then pressing PTT and then the rest of the call.  So for example "good morning tower" then press PTT "Cessna G-12AB request taxi".  Is the cheat no longer necessary?  Would there be a difference between saying "Tower good morning" or "Good morning Tower"?

You should just try it.  The program has always supported greetings, so I suspect the "cheat" wasn't really necessary.

I just tried it and there does seem to be an issue with the greeting.  Short call sign should work.  I'll be working on the greeting for initial contact.

Dave

• Like 2

Short callsign is working, very nice!  Greetings aren't recognized.  Thanks!