Sign in to follow this  
flycln

P5D:Cockpit & outside textures; slow load on view switch

Does this happen to everybody? When I switch between cockpit view and outside view I often have to wait 5-10 seconds for fuselage/cockpit textures to finish loading. Just starting at black panels or a plane skeleton in the meantime. 

I never got it this bad in v4.5. I can live with it, it just seems odd it’s much worse in 5. 

i9-9900k, rtx 2089ti. 

My frame rate is perfectly fine and smooth and my vram isn’t close to max either.  It just happens all the time. 

It’s almost like the loading gets stuck for a moment. If I quickly switch back in and out again, it’s suddenly fully loaded. 

Edited by flycln

Yes it's quite a normal problem and I believe there's an edit you can add in your Prepar3d.cfg file that should fix it or at least lessen the effect.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

26 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Yes it's quite a normal problem and I believe there's an edit you can add in your Prepar3d.cfg file that should fix it or at least lessen the effect.

I have the same problem.

Can you comment on what should be edited ?

And all my cockpit are much darker than in V4 and it is very difficult to see most of the switch and knobs.

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Gérard

Edited by gaab

Hello,

I have the exact same issue as well with all the 3rd party add ons ( PMDG, Aerosoft & QW). Also it happens in both P3DV4 & P3DV5. Any help will really be appreciated. 
Thanks.

MT.