Sign in to follow this  
flycln

I’m a Canary Islands Virgin: which one is most fun?

For some reason I’ve never really gotten into flying into the Canary Islands much.  I’ve done a few flights into Tenerife Sur and one into Fuerteventura and that’s it. 

I’m currently wondering which of the islands and which of the many sceneries to get. And I just can’t decide. 

The quality of the scenery is obviously important but what really matters a lot is whether the approach is challenging/interesting. So I’d rather not get anything with a simple straight-in ILS for example unless there’s a fantastic vista or crazy wind due to terrain. 

Any suggestions? 

Edited by flycln

Aerosoft canary Islands Tenerife with reina Sofia and los rodeos is best for p3d v5 .

MK studios Lanzarote and Fuerteventura is also nice but No installera for p3d v5 yet.

The only non straight-in ILS approach in the Canarias I know is GCLA La Palma where the final approach to 30 is a visual and there is no published approach for 02 that I could find.

Both P3DV4 and V5 versions are available at Aerosoft.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

9 minutes ago, A340Bangla said:

The only non straight-in ILS approach in the Canarias I know is GCLA La Palma where the final approach to 30 is a visual and there is no published approach for 02 that I could find.

Both P3DV4 and V5 versions are available at Aerosoft.

La Palma does look fun. I think some of the others have me interesting vistas, though. 
Is there a consensus on which Tenerife scenery is best between Sim Wings and MK?

3 minutes ago, flycln said:

La Palma does look fun. I think some of the others have me interesting vistas, though. 
Is there a consensus on which Tenerife scenery is best between Sim Wings and MK?

I think I have sceneries for all the Canarias airports except El Hierro and they all have nice views, particularly together with ORBX Africa. As I have always been a Simwings fan I am happily using their scenery for Tenerife South (including a simple GCXO), just installed into V5, btw.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

This area is very pleasant to fly, (if you have a lot of airports) as the area of Hawaii is. To do short flights with commuters or GA is a dream when you are short in time.

by rikooo there is a photoreal scenery well done for free.

With online weathers, those islands are often with great winds. La Palma is a real challenge for landing (in real life too) due by mountain turbulences and no direct heading for approach to the least minute.

in real life, Lanzarote and the 2 Tenerife airports are most used for long hauls.

Indeed, one of mine preferred areas.