Sign in to follow this  
av8r13

New CTD problem with v5

had not had an issue with CTD in v5 until today.

started playing around with nvidia settings and in game graphics settings and developed an issue that if i load up the game with the default aircraft in windowed mode, as soon as i try to switch to full screen mode i get an either an immediate CTD, screen freeze or the diax error box.

i have tried to reset my nvidia settings and have deleted my p3d config file but still have the issue with trying to switch to full screen mode.

any idea what causes a problem with full-screen?

thanks in advance

David Myers

Hi David,

What I would try is to run a repair routine for P3D v5 client, content and scenery in Windows programs and features. Just a guess...

Mick

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 TI, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

7 hours ago, av8r13 said:

had not had an issue with CTD in v5 until today.

started playing around with nvidia settings and in game graphics settings and developed an issue that if i load up the game with the default aircraft in windowed mode, as soon as i try to switch to full screen mode i get an either an immediate CTD, screen freeze or the diax error box.

i have tried to reset my nvidia settings and have deleted my p3d config file but still have the issue with trying to switch to full screen mode.

any idea what causes a problem with full-screen?

thanks in advance

You have deleted the shaders also?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

i did delete the shaders.

i am going to try reinstalling as suggested, will again delete shaders and see what happens.

thanks

David Myers

It's actually not a reinstall, so no worries nothing usually changes in your sim.

Mick

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 TI, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.