Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

GTN 750 Black screen from time to time (resolved) (goflight)

I recently bought the GTN 750 to install on the Flysimware Falcon 50. I used it with no issue at all during the flights, other than having from time to time a black screen when I start the avionics on the ground. What I then do is close P3Dv4.5.2 and reload everything from scratch, it usually would work on the second attempt, but this is not systematic, sometimes, i load the plane and go through the procedure, start avionics and the GTN 750 would work straightaway. So there is no real pattern and I could not see what would trigger this problem since I am following the start up procedure of the Falcon by the book. All other avionics work normally without fail, only the GTN would remain black.

A non related question (or is it?), I checked the versions of my installed products this morning after reading some threads here, it is showing 2.5.25 for the GTN but I could not find anywhere the Trainer version in all the Garmin files, where can I find it please?

Thank you.

Edited by Jean-Claude

5 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

A non related question (or is it?), I checked the versions of my installed products this morning after reading some threads here, it is showing 2.5.25 for the GTN

I found the software version of the trainer when starting the GTN this morning (it worked right away this time!...) Trainer version is 6.62.0 whilst the GTN is up to date 2.5.25, so I am not up to date since the latest appears to be 6.62.3. I tried to figure how to update my Trainer software reading the various manuals but was unsuccessful till now, would anyone kindly point me in the right direction please?

Thank you.

Jean-Claude

Hi,

The RXP installer should prompt you if there is a newer version from the one you've already installed. In any case, links are posted in a pinned discussion in this forum:

As for 'black screen' issue, I've discovered just recently FSW aircraft might be shipping with the "ReduceRate" option set to true. In the settings panel, it is in Gauges Options > Display Settings > Use Half-Rate Screen Update. I'm wondering whether this could be the root cause from time to time.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you, I am thoroughly confused...

The database installed in the Garmin Trainer was valid until October 2019 (so it tells me when I start the GTN in the cockpit), so there is little doubt that I am not up to date, however, whatever I try to update the software tells me I am up to date... I did notice that some of my SID and STAR are not up to date.

Regarding the second item, you are referring to Gauges Options, and I checked the ini file where FALSE is selected in ReduceRate.

FYI, after making an excellent flight with my GTN working perfectly (on the first attempt) in the Falcon, I restarted P3D and fired up the FSW Learjet for the first time and faced a black screen.

There has been 2 trainers updates, 6.62.0 and 6.62.3, both with the same database. You might have installed the latest ok although it will only show .0 in the GTN boot screens. You can make sure about which in looking at the Windows installed apps (Settings > Apps).

As for the 2nd session failing, when this is happening and prior restarting or doing anything, please look at the RXP log file to cross check whether there is any useful information. You might want to also cross check whether there is another GTN simulator.exe zombie process left from the previous session (just in case).

Please note P3D 4.5.2 has bugs and it is superseded with 4.5 HF3.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I'm glad you've sorted out the issue and found out it was Go-Flight induced problem with the specific aircraft you're flying with!

As for the trainer it seems you're up to date!