Sign in to follow this  
Copper.

Checklist Challenge Items

Hi all

Im trying to configure a custom checklist. I can't figure out how to write the checklist/PM to check specific items (fuel quantity, fuel pumps, altimeter setting etc)

Is it even possible? Example: 737 Before Start checklist - "Fuel ___ kgs, Pumps ON"

How do you make FO verbalise Fuel load?

Brian Nellis

5 hours ago, Copper. said:

Hi all

Im trying to configure a custom checklist. I can't figure out how to write the checklist/PM to check specific items (fuel quantity, fuel pumps, altimeter setting etc)

Is it even possible? Example: 737 Before Start checklist - "Fuel ___ kgs, Pumps ON"

How do you make FO verbalise Fuel load?

Sure Brian

On the right side of the checklist line (actual reply), write  Fuel _

Use one single underscore.

MCE will see that as "may say anything where the underscore char is located".

From a speech reco perspective, it will be treated as "open dictation". The result may or may not match what you said.

Not sure what you mean by "Make Fo verbalise fuel load". DO you mean how to get FO to speak some custom speech?

so to clarify, for individual checklist items where the FO only has to check and complete, he will check the ACTUAL condition and announce it?

by 'verbalise', i meant, the virtual FO will check fuel quantity and 'announce' current fuel quantity when running the checklist.

the same with the PUMPS - will he check the actual condition/settings of the PUMPS, or is he dependant on me?

what baout checklist items that only he (FO) completes? will he announce those?

Brian Nellis

13 hours ago, Copper. said:

so to clarify, for individual checklist items where the FO only has to check and complete, he will check the ACTUAL condition and announce it?

by 'verbalise', i meant, the virtual FO will check fuel quantity and 'announce' current fuel quantity when running the checklist.

the same with the PUMPS - will he check the actual condition/settings of the PUMPS, or is he dependant on me?

what baout checklist items that only he (FO) completes? will he announce those?

For checklist items that refer to switches, Fo should be able to check state.

Other cheklist items where you reply with long unexpected sentence, like stating fuel quantity in pounds, kilograms or tons, or Vspeeds in squence, V1, VR V2, it would be very difficult for Fo to get it right. He'll end-up arguing with you because he got a figure that is OFF by 100 kgs, assuming he got the correct units in the first place.

If you want a checklist item to be handled by Fo only, add //2  (two forward slashes followed by digit 2) to the end of the line

[ ] Taxi light -- ON //2

For planes where you have a simulated flight engineer, like FJS 727, use these

//3  (both you and Fo reply)

//4 (only flight engineer replies)

//5 (flight engineer and you reply)

//6 (flight engineer and Fo reply)

//7 All crew members reply