Evening all

Got myself a new headset to do some online flying! And i have seemed to have opened up a tin of worms.

I cant seem to use the headphones at the same time as my speakers are plugged in at the rear. when i unplug the speakers at rear hey presto i ave sound through the headphones via the front jack! Apparently from what i am reading its big issue of the new W10 updates 

Been going through google. I have uninstalled drivers and re-installed, tried making the front the default source. 

Tried literally everything i can think off! 

Anybody come across the issue recently which could help me along! 

Cheers 

Jonathan

Jonathan Gallagher --------- Rodger Rodger Whats Our Vector Victor

1 hour ago, JonathanDuncanGallagher said:

new W10 updates 

As far as I am concerned,Windows screwed this repeated issue with sounds well and truly. One minute I have sound in a sim preparing an aircraft, next minute the sound just goes off. Regular after say 1/2 hour. I have go so hacked off with it, and MS doesn't seem to want to fix it, so. yes, sound losses in W10 are basically pants😡

Seems no logic at all. Why would sound work for 1/2 hour then go off?

Hi-how do you have the sound set up in the sim?  Are there separate sound cards for the headphones and the speakers?  You have to have two sound cards, for example to listen to voice through the headset and engine, etc sounds through speakers.  If you only have one card you can only listen only to one sound either through the headphones or speakers but not both.  Get a USB sound card like Soundblaster, etc for $15, plug it in and have speakers out of one card and headphones out of the other and make sure to correctly assign card sound sources in the sim options.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.