Sign in to follow this  
michelh

Touch Portal

I read the OP's post and thought I'd try it out.

This is great, similar to AirManager & Knobster for $17.00 :)

I did a screen shot of the Cessna 172 main gauges and added transparent buttons to them.

Now I can control the knobs that are associated with the gauges by a simple touch.

I have touch to move the knob 1 increment, and a hold state for moving fast.

I just picked up the pro version today, so far I like this.

Thanks

Here's where the buttons will live....so far

I'll add the pages for other controls and views after.  This is sweet

9ef3bffcda6ffdb064892bed5d8829a4.png
https://gyazo.com/9ef3bffcda6ffdb064892bed5d8829a4

@BruceT How are you sending the commands to x-plane? I want to look into creating pages for common commands on the airbus and I've found the dataref commands to use but I'm not sure how to send it to x-plane. Do you use XPUIPC or something similar?

On 2/12/2021 at 8:18 PM, nozzrangar said:

@BruceT How are you sending the commands to x-plane? I want to look into creating pages for common commands on the airbus and I've found the dataref commands to use but I'm not sure how to send it to x-plane. Do you use XPUIPC or something similar?

Hi -Know this is an old thread but after the same info myself now. I can connect to MSFS using simconect but cant seem to find the majic formula to connect to XPlane. Any assistance would be much appreciated. 

Win 10 Pro 64bit - CPU Intel i7 9700K 5.1GHz - Cooler Noctua NH-D15 - MoBo Asus Z390 Aorus Master - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 2800 15-15-15-35 - GPU Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti - A8Gb - Drives 3 x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M2 NvMe

On 2/12/2021 at 1:18 AM, nozzrangar said:

Those buttons are just mapped to SHIFT + CTRL + ??  buttons in XPlane.
Then in XPlane I just use the keyboard mapping to add what ever control I need
I have another page that uses a plug in that was developed off XPlaneConnect.
XPlaneConnect needs a lot of extra work to make is fully functional however

On 3/20/2022 at 9:03 PM, PBest said:

Hi -Know this is an old thread but after the same info myself now. I can connect to MSFS using simconect but cant seem to find the majic formula to connect to XPlane. Any assistance would be much appreciated. 

XPlaneConnect needs a lot of extra work to make is fully functional however, but it would be the equivalent of SimConnect

On 2/12/2021 at 1:18 AM, nozzrangar said:

XPlaneConnect needs a lot of extra work to make is fully functional however, but it would be the equivalent of SimConnect