Sign in to follow this  
CdXa9fM7

No UGCX vehicles or people.

I run FSX:SE; Installed UGCX. Appears in the ADDons menu in the aircraft (PMDG 737NGX) but when I select any action (pushback, etc.) no vehicles or people appear. Tried uninstalling and re-installing, same problem. Read all the manuals, watched all the terrible Youtube videos, contacted FS2Crew. They sent me a new dll.xml file, which I installed, no change. I read through the whole log file. No change. Fs2crew then sent me here and recommended I get your advice. So here I am. Any ideas, other than to go back to GSX, which worked flawlessly.

Thanks,

Jim Barrens

This behaivor is not new, usually when this happens another addon deletes our objects....this happens with a functionability that has FSUIPC that can be configured to avoid zapping/removing/deleting our objects....also, other AI traffic addons do the same thats why it looks like it doesnt appears in the simulation. 

Manuel

spacer.png

Do you have a program called WAMA or FSRealTime installed?

Also try this:

Problem: The tug and tow bar disappear, then the ramp agents freeze up.

Solution: If you're using FSUIPC, add the line below to the [GENERAL] section of your FSUIPC.ini located in your MODULES FOLDER.  It should preferably sit underneath the other "zap" lines.

Zapsound=firework

ZapAirRange=1.50

ZapGroundRange=0.25

ZapCylinderAltDiff=0       <------ THIS IS THE NEW LINE

If this still doesn't work, backup your FSUIPC.ini file, then delete it, then run Flight Simulator and a fresh new FSUIPC.ini will be built.

No WAMA or FSRealtime installed.

Edited the FSUIPC.ini file in the MODULES folder as suggested- no changes.

Deleted FSUIPC.ini file and restarted FSX:SE; new FSUIPC.ini file generated, still no changes.

It appears the program is installed (it is in the Addons menu) but can't find the vehicles/ground crew, etc. I hit "Pusback Sequence" or "Request Follow-Me Car" and nothing happens...I wait about 10 minutes...nothing happens...

Jim Barrens

1 hour ago, CdXa9fM7 said:

It appears the program is installed (it is in the Addons menu) but can't find the vehicles/ground crew, etc. I hit "Pusback Sequence" or "Request Follow-Me Car" and nothing happens...I wait about 10 minutes...nothing happens...

Let's check if the UGCX setup placed the simobjects in the place where it should.

What is your FSX:SE main directory path?

Also, try to open your FSX:SE CFG file with Window's Notepad. This file usually is located in:

C:\Users\<Your userna,e>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\

or

C:\Users\<Your userna,e>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\

and the file itself is named either FSX.CFG or FSX-SE.CFG, depends if, you have both installed the old FSX or the FSX:SE on the same machine.

In the FSX.CFG file, check if in the [Main] section you see an entry similar to this:

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\UGCX

Also cross check that in your FSX:SE main directory, you see a folder like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\UGCX

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

Manuel,

FSX:SE Main Directory path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

FSX:SE cfg file is in C:\Users\<Your userna,e>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\. 

Here's the "Main" Section:

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\JFTraffic360
ProcSpeed=7145
PerfBucket=7
Maximized=0
Location=161,96,1902,1168,\\.\DISPLAY1
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1   

As you can see, no "SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\UGCX" as you suggested.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\UGCX is not in the main FSX:SE folder.

As I said, I've installed and uninstalled twice, so reinstalling, without some sort of changes, will probably not work.

Thanks for your help.

Jim Barrens

2 hours ago, CdXa9fM7 said:

As you can see, no "SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\UGCX" as you suggested.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\UGCX is not in the main FSX:SE folder.

Okay, then I think we just spotted your issue. The SimObjects\UGCX is the directory where all UGCX's objects (tugs,ramp agents, fire truck, follow me) are located. if it's not there, then the UGCX's setup/installer didn't placed it there. And the setup must also modify the FSX.CFG file so that entry:

SimObjectPaths.[x]=SimObjects\UGCX

is added under the [Main] section. It may have installed the UGCX module and you can see it, but when you click any option it wont be able to show the objects because of that missing folder. I think this can be easily fixed by Bryan, since he's the one in charge of the Setups. 🙂

Passing the mic to Bryan, to get help from him on here...

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Sound like a write permission issue with our installer.

I noticed you have FSX installed in your "Program Files" folder.

That's generally a big no-no, as Microsoft can make things difficult when users try to write to programs located inside the Program Files folder.

When installing FSX, it's always best to select an install location "outside" of the Program Files folder.

Try right clicking on your FSX.exe, and selecting "Run this program as an Administrator" in the Compatibility Tab.

Then try re-installing UGCX and hopefully our installer won't be blocked trying to write to that location.

Edited by byork

FSX:SE is installed in the default Steam folder.

Followed your instructions: Right clicked on FSX.EXE and clicked "Run as Administrator." Also changed Compatibility setting so the program will always run as administrator. Restarted FSX and, without prompting, UGCX installed scenery. Interesting. Started FSX but still no vehicles of operations. Per your suggestion I reinstalled UGCX. It was installed in the default FSX:SE directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Ultimate Ground Crew X

Started FSX:SE- still no vehicles or operations.

I suspect it is a problem with one of the config files or a dll.

Thanks,

Jim Barrens

5 hours ago, CdXa9fM7 said:

FSX:SE is installed in the default Steam folder.

You are correct, Jim, I have FSX:SE installed, and some other games too (IL2 Sturmovik, etc...). @byork when a user buy and install a Steam's game, you can't really tell Steam where to install the game, it will always place all the games you (as a Steam's user) buy under this common directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\

In fact, when you install, it just goes and installs the game, and then gives you a shortcut in the desktop so then you can just launch the game, it doesn't prompts the user where the installation folder must be located.....it's a straight forward process, I can confirm that, as I'm a Steam's user too.

@CdXa9fM7After installing UGCX, cross check the configurations that I told, you, if that has not been done, then it just won't work. Check these:

On 6/8/2020 at 1:05 PM, Manuel82 said:

Also, try to open your FSX:SE CFG file with Window's Notepad. This file usually is located in:

C:\Users\<Your userna,e>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\

or

C:\Users\<Your userna,e>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\

and the file itself is named either FSX.CFG or FSX-SE.CFG, depends if, you have both installed the old FSX or the FSX:SE on the same machine.

In the FSX.CFG file, check if in the [Main] section you see an entry similar to this:

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\UGCX

Also cross check that in your FSX:SE main directory, you see a folder like:

If you still don't see this folder:

and the:

SimObjectPaths.[x]=SimObjects\UGCX

entry in [Main] section of the FSX-SE.cfg file, then even if the UGCX32.dll module is correctly installed and run by FSX:SE the simulator won't see the objects, and not being able to create anything: no people, no tug, etc.

That is a way to validate that the UGCX's installer has made installation correctly or not.

In the mean time, I think the only way to solve this (fast), is to somehow, transfer the UGCX's folder so Jim places it manually in the:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\

directory...and manually insert/add an entry in the FSX-SE.cfg, so he can see it working.

Cheers,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Thanks, Manuel. That worked! I made the manual changes to the fsa-se.cfg file and moved the UGCX folder to where it was needed. Many thanks!

Jim

37 minutes ago, CdXa9fM7 said:

Thanks, Manuel. That worked! I made the manual changes to the fsa-se.cfg file and moved the UGCX folder to where it was needed. Many thanks!

Excellent!!...I'm happy that it has been solved. This means we need to modify our installer to allow it to work right. The problem with FSX (the classic one) and FSX:SE (Steam edition)..is the FSX.CFG naming changes....if you have both FSX and FSX:SE....it will create two folders one for each one, and our installer (I think) maybe confused...I think this is what happens....(I think...)

Manuel

spacer.png

Oh well, I tried. Got this error message today:

"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add on):

Name: Ultimate Ground Crew X

Version: 2.0.0.0

Company: FS2Crew

File: \Ultimate Ground Crew X\UGCX32.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?

To avoid seeing this message in the future, uninstall this program or disable its ability to start when running Flight Simulator. For more information about third-party programs, contact the publisher or see http:\\www.fsinsider.com."

I'd just like my money back.

Thanks,

Jim Barrens

Problem:  While using FSX, I get an error message on loading FSX that FSX has detected a problem with UGCX32.dll.

Solution: This is because something caused an error in a previous load of Flight Simulator and Windows decided to intervene and permanently mark that DLL as unsafe. You need to run "regedit", find the registry setting for

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and in there, edit the entry for fsx.exe to REMOVE any mentions of

Data = $IgnoreFreeLibrary<UGCX32.dll>

Then, restart FSX - you'll get the error message once again, but click Yes, and the application will work correctly this time.

Also, make sure your FSX is running as Administrator.