Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Air Marshal uses deadly force

Guest Shalomar

FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.I did not mean to imply you were doing something wrong; I apologise. But I could very easily be dead myself.Merry Christmas and a Survivable New Year:-beerchug

Guest Shalomar

FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.Speaking as someone diagnosed with bipolar, I agree with Sonar.I also say this is one of the best things that could have happened now to mental patients as a group.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Shalomar

NOT over the "edge". Suppose a bomb had really been in his checked luggage?Merry Christmas and a Survivable "New Year":-beerchug

Guest beana51

OH,Baloney! "*Sigh* Yet another Snafu."..Tell me what that "cute" little comment means? "SNAFU" means Screw up where I come from.Yet another Snafu?:" We screwed up" it implies. Could you make a list of your remarkable powers of observations regarding "SNAFUS"?Are you implying defending the security of the innocents on a plane,train,bus,stadium,with serous results,is a "SNAFU"or a screw up? I don't think it was.The system worked.The publicity around it will be cause for others to think about murdering people, here,both serous or in jest. Of course your second post now sounds more reasonable.Ya said something! Congratulations!.And by the way,whats a long rebuttal? Is that your expertise also?timing rebuttals? It is customary to express one's self when feeling strongly about an important subject.This "Platform" affords me that privilege, The forum is the final word.They and they alone will judge ,whats to long,or other comments that are not acceptable.(could be us? ya think?) Like this ain't no Bill O' Reilly show.(shucks!) Are you with me? too long? Finally ,"I ant no dude", gave that up many "MOONS" ago!Regarding , "Chilling out" ,well here in the bone yard of Fla.that is a full time job.HOT,here. Although it can't be as hot as to where you are.I think staying out in the Sun to long is not good for anyone. "Blessings be upon Air conditioning" "Strangely believe it" I'm not angry,If I offended you,I'm sorry! NOT! And probably neither are you! "PEACE AND LOVE MY FRIEND" and "MERRY CHRISTMAS" On that we both can agree! (can we? I hope so!) VIN! :-sun1 must be a good post,printed it twice....sorry

Guest beana51

OH,Baloney! "*Sigh* Yet another Snafu."..Tell me what that "cute" little comment means? "SNAFU" means Screw up where I come from.Yet another Snafu?:" We screwed up" it implies. Could you make a list of your remarkable powers of observations regarding "SNAFUS"?Are you implying defending the security of the innocents on a plane,train,bus,stadium,with serous results,is a "SNAFU"or a screw up? I don't think it was.The system worked.The publicity around it will be cause for others to think about murdering people, here,both serous or in jest. Of course your second post now sounds more reasonable.Ya said something! Congratulations!.And by the way,whats a long rebuttal? Is that your expertise also?timing rebuttals? It is customary to express one's self when feeling strongly about an important subject.This "Platform" affords me that privilege, The forum is the final word.They and they alone will judge ,whats to long,or other comments that are not acceptable.(could be us? ya think?) Like this ain't no Bill O' Reilly show.(shucks!) Are you with me? too long? Finally ,"I ant no dude", gave that up many "MOONS" ago!Regarding , "Chilling out" ,well here in the bone yard of Fla.that is a full time job.HOT,here. Although it can't be as hot as to where you are.I think staying out in the Sun to long is not good for anyone. "Blessings be upon Air conditioning" "Strangely believe it" I'm not angry,If I offended you,I'm sorry! NOT! And probably neither are you! "PEACE AND LOVE MY FRIEND" and "MERRY CHRISTMAS" On that we both can agree! (can we? I hope so!) VIN! :-sun1

Guest beana51

Hi Jwenting,Your comments are correct.Your first hand view of this country via the news reporting abroad is often negative.But thats OK.It the distorting, that hurts,factor in the language barrier,it becomes difficult. Not always like that however.I keep alluding to the Great Wars.Then,and without the marvelous technology that exists today,there was a united feeling against a mutual threat.Language ,customs,location,and different cultures had no effect in the free worlds struggle to win over tyranny. Things seemed clearer then,the mission,and the cause.We may be faced with an equally dangerous challenge.It may effect the whole world.A storm,of sorts,and there does not seem to be the urgency required to confront it. When I was young,"Pearl Harbor" was our rallying cry.It gave the nation courage.Now 9/11,is not even received with the message of extreme emergency here.Yet the costs can be terrible for this indifference.To-day,average people,in that part of the world,are being held hostage.They face death,in a cruel form.Wheres the outrage? I apologize for seemly waving he flag.I would hope it was a world flag. However,we are all part of history.I hope we don"t have to learn the lessons over,and over again. "TIME TO GO FLYING,THINGS ARE CLEARER UP THERE!" "MERRY CHRISTMAS" VIN :-sun1 Did ya put your tree lites up yet? Turn em on!Can't keep them for ever!

Guest saudi_777

Interesting how misunderstandings are quite the norm in these forums....:-rollWhat's ironic is that while I tried to be very friendly and clarifying in my last post, you resort to total sarcasm and a way of talking in which you try to imply that I don't know what I'm saying. But guess what? I DO know what I'm saying, and you obviously did NOT properly understand my last post. What part of this sentence do you not understand:"I only said "SNAFU" as a way of describing how bad this situation is with regards to air safety and national security, NOT to question in anyway the actions of the air marshalls with this man."And that means that by saying "SNAFU" I was pointing to the deranged lunatic's actions, NOT the air marshalls'. I don't think that my words could get any clearer then that, eh?And don't taunt me with your belittling way of trying to imply that I don't understand what I say. I DO know what "SNAFU" stands for, but I can't explain the actual words that make up that abbreviation because this is a family oriented forum. You shouldn't resort to immediately questioning whether someone understands a certain word or not. You should show more respect in what you say instead of your sarcasm and belittling.And I only said "long rebuttel" as a FRIENDLY gesture that you shouldn't seriously misunderstand things that you read and then write long paragraphs about them if you don't properly understand them. You should be sure that you understand what you read before writing any reply, be it long or short. I wasn't implying that your reply was too long or boring. I only said "long rebuttel" to imply that you shouldn't take things too seriously, plain and simple. Yet another misunderstanding on your behalf.If you're talking to me in that tone simply because I'm Middle Eastern myself, then I must say that that's very disrespectful and sad. Whatever the case, I never want to be viewed by you or anyone as a "badguy" simply because of my race, and in fact I don't mind being your friend in any case.One word: CHILL.

I hope this is more misunderstanding than anything else and I don't feel Vin meant anything offensive intentionally--I think he was posting out of the frustration caused by perceptions we get in forums vs. being able to understand the intent of what someone really wants to say.Some just aren't as articulate as others, and even I misunderstood what you meant by "SNAFU" in a similar post the other day. I think part of the reason is it is almost always used in the context of "corporate" or "government" and rarely associated with a disaster or the actions of a civilian. I guess I am more forgiving since my wife is a foreign national and she would say exactly what you said given the same set of circumstances.I am disappointed that some have chimed in to reinforce Vin's assertion that we are looked at poorly from abroad. Funny, I have traveled in Holland. Quebec, France and elsewhere, and perhaps people are just afraid to argue politics. I have been treated with friendship everywhere, and I certainly look American and with my strong Chicago accent, talk like one. One incident comes to mind during a visit I made to Holland. I was traveling on a train which was standing room only. I started to feel faint, and immediately those around me--all locals--asked me if I was OK, brought water, made a place for me, brought blankets, and stayed with me until we arrived at our destination. I am afraid many receive the impression they would have just let me drop. Politics aside, people are human and I don't care where you're at, hatred is the exception, not the norm--unless perhaps you go into an area polarized by an action or event.-John

Guest saudi_777

Thanks for your very friendly reply, John. :-waveBTW, check your PM inbox. ;)Cheers,

Guest Shalomar

FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.Jwenting hit it on the #head#. The bomb could have been intended for the crowd of law enforcement and paramedics and been contained in the Woman's purse. How do you like those apples next time you want to second guess someone???Merry Christmas and a Survivable "New Year":-beerchug

Guest beana51

John, we gotta stop communicating like this,But seriously,your comments always reflect the better side of the human spirit.Not unlike my own grand son.He too,thinks I some sort of a philistine,I guess the Ole Drill Sargent's can't help it.I admit it ,its no fun,sometimes,can't make ya do push ups,however ,thats how it is.What you see is what you get.At least its honest. Kindness is a human trait,so is murder.A blindfold and a smoke,before they blow your head off.The milk of human kindness. Your inference,with my attitude to people of different persuasions how ever is off base.In Iraq, some very brave Muslims, citizens are dying for freedom.There are also other Muslims killing them.Some Muslims just profit from the whole thing,sliding down that razor of manipulation. I purposely allude to the great war,so we don't forget.In that time of stress,,Americans,of German,Italian,and Japanese decent were not treated so well. They did not complain,look for sympathy,whine,call the ACLU,No! The volunteered in great numbers,in defense of their country.Supported their country,they excelled in bravery,and gave their lives in huge numbers,as if to atone some guilt feeling they may have had.They were Americans in the truest sense. In the street language,or in the military,a "Snafu" is a "screw up"(thats the refined way of saying it).Be it a train schedule,or some other action.When comments like these,are used ,from a distance,behind some excuse,it to can be misinterpreted. But,Ya can read in between the lines.All Simmers here are articulate,educated,people of the world.They ain't stupid. I was raised in NYC.During the early 30s,and to the middle 50s.This melting pot concept is for the birds.It don't exist.Never did! NYC, was composed of neighborhoods.With invisible boundaries.The,Irish,The Germans,the Italians,The Hispanics,The blacks,the Jewish and many other people of immigrant origins.All were very protective of their turf.Ya learned to run fast.Each neighborhood kept its ethnic identity.Moving Thru NYC in those time was magnificent.The smells,the views,the different customs,Chinatown,The Village, and most of all the people,all contributing to ones street education. Respect for one another was earned.Disrespect was your reward for not acting "like a person",an Ole Jewish expression.No body was thin skinned,or walked around like in the land of OZ.Life was real,money scarce,work hard,medical attention primitive,child labor rampant,all fueled by the greatest disaster this country ever faced,the "GREAT DEPRESSION" No time for dramatic feigned sensitivity,ya called it like it was,It is in that crucible that your basic character was formed.It has not failed me and others since. Not many left however.Then it got worse,the Dam war.They call it the "Greatest Generation", those who saved the world,and not with out good cause.All we are now,had its roots in those years.We grew,watered by tears,and toil. I must be getting old,trying to tell these story's.As if they are some criticism at the currant times.Nothing can be further from the truth. These times are by far the most exiting.The dreams of outer space exploration,colonization of new worlds.Hunger and plague being addressed to,the human race growing in great numbers,the challenges from hostile people,the great debates,the course and ultimate direction as a species.Still subject to the laws of nature.Nothing guaranties our existence.What a time to be alive.All that and FS too!,what more can ya ask for? Enough!Thanks for your comments.They have great weight,and merit and I like what you say! CIO!! VIN

"Your inference,with my attitude to people of different persuasions how ever is off base."I am sorry--that wasn't my intent. What I am trying to say is in any forum one cannot sum up one's attitudes and opinions by how they write, especially in the heat of the moment. I can't package you as a person, nor can you I, by our written words. The discussion over the word Snafu is case in point. We need to get over it--people use words in different ways, that's all I am trying to communicate. As far as today vs. yesterday and how people deal with the challenge of communication, it's an apples to oranges comparison. Even in my childhood and teens, aside from the three networks and my local paper, all I knew of the world was from my travels and history books. Today, people are hyper-aware and get communication from all corners. Like it or not, we have to be more respectful and measure our words more since we communicate--all of us--in larger circles than the days you or I remember. And I am afraid it's sink or swim--I cannot revert into my South Chicago speak (which is very similar to it's New York counterpart) and expect to get away with it :)All that said, we need to be cautious and not jump on words, phrases etc.... Take five seconds and nicely say "What do you mean?" or "I don't understand". Most of the people I work with have Master's and PHD's--and can be blithering idiots when it comes to written communication. Yep, we're all an intelligent bunch, but we are also of different levels when it comes to getting the word in print. I suspect I am a little old vs, your grandson but I am flattered I remind you of him. :)-John

Guest Adverse Yawn

Its all BS, really it is.So called security in the UK and US has only shot innocent people. Its like drowning people to prove that they aren't witches. We really are not in the kind of danger that some people try to make out. Yet, we have quasi militia as security thugs. Hopefully, once Blair goes, the UK can seperate itself from Bush induced paranoia and get the #### out of Iraq where we don't belong.

Most people anywhere couldn't care less where you come from, but the anti-US crowd in Europe is quite vocal making them appear larger than they are.They're (like the anti-US crowd in the US) indeed also often rather afraid (or is that ashamed of themselves?) to voice their opinions directly towards the object of their hatred.I hear a lot of anti-US talk here in the Netherlands, but when people know I don't agree with them they usually shut up as well, guess it's fine to hate the US anonymously but not when someone might voice a counter opinion ;)

Guest Shalomar

FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.The passengers, not the government, can prevent 9/11s. There we agree.