Sign in to follow this  
Benbo

Center Fuel Tanks

Hi Bryan,

Just done a long haul in the B787 and the first officer will not touch the center fuel tanks even though they had fuel in them.

I had to manually turn them on and off myself,button control.

Also a little bit more interaction with the passengers during a long haul would make it a little more realistic.

With Thanks

Gary Jones.

Hi Gary,

How much fuel was in the center tanks?

Were the center fuel tank lights illuminated?... Being illuminated: that's the trigger for the FO to press them during his pre flight flow assuming you ran the Pre Flight Events.

The FO, however, will not turn off the center pumps in cruise.  We delegate that to you.  He will however shut them off during his shutdown flow.

Bryan,

Thanks for the reply,just over 20 Tonnes was in the centre tanks,the lights where not illuminated but the message was showing fuel in center,im a little 

confused why the said lights where not illuminated.

Gary.

I'm not really an expert on the 787 fuel logic system, but generally speaking if the fuel is below as certain level in the center tanks you wouldn't run the tanks in the center pumps to avoid cavitation and heat damage.  I forget off hand what that minimum fuel quantity value is.  That might be one for the 787 aircraft forum.

But if the Center Fuel Pump lights are not illuminated, they shouldn't need to be pressed in.

Edited by byork

QW 787 forum lol,there advice or support is terrible to say the least.Getting the message fuel in center would indicate to me that the pumps 

need to be on even though they are not illuminated.I will just have to turn them on manually not a major issue.

Thanks

Gary.