Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

Late loading of RWY textures during arrival

Installed HF2 into P3Dv5 and have everything working well except, I now see airports with black runways.

As I cruise along at tube liner flight levels most airports below have black runways and on arrival the runway textures load in on short short final.

I’m thinking this is a computer memory problem but if I quickly flip views from inside to outside then back inside in the VC cockpit of an aircraft like the PMDG 747-400 or the Maddog I notice. all textures are loading without delay.

Didn’t notice this before when using P3DV5 & HF1

My setup is:

5.1 CPU With 

32g of 3600 DDR3

thx

ICMan

3 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

and on arrival the runway textures load in on short short final.

I am hit and miss with this....with some FT APTS I see that thru haze if Tsky enabled. When I uncheck Tsky most of the time I am ok..Not sure about this beta TSky. But it is beta and I guess that creates that depiction I believe...not sure.

Alex 

2 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I am hit and miss with this....with some FT APTS I see that thru haze if Tsky enabled. When I uncheck Tsky most of the time I am ok..Not sure about this beta TSky. But it is beta and I guess that creates that depiction I believe...not sure.

Yeah thanks for the reply. I see this too when using TSky. I’m not using TSky although it is absolutely stunning in VR, particularly the clouds and stars. Differently has a future, I only use it when doing GA flying and staying at one airport inside the same weather region.

I’m using HT on so I might need to try an AM. At the moment my CFG is un-tweaked and no nvidia control panel adjustments. 

FWIW HF2 is so solid and no CTD yet.

Im