Sign in to follow this  
Flyer1000

[Resolved] Can't install update

Having some issues installing the latest update and I keep getting the following warning - 

Another application has exclusive access to the file:

C:\Users\Name\Documents/Prepar3D Add-on\AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition\add-on.xml

Please shut down all other applications, then click retry. Click Cancel to exit the installation [#1001]

I close everything down and it still doesn't work, also I don't used P3D V5 so I don't know why there would be an issue with that.

Thanks, Oliver 

1 minute ago, Flyer1000 said:

Having some issues installing the latest update and I keep getting the following warning - 

Another application has exclusive access to the file:

C:\Users\Name\Documents/Prepar3D Add-on\AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition\add-on.xml

Please shut down all other applications, then click retry. Click Cancel to exit the installation [#1001]

I close everything down and it still doesn't work, also I don't used P3D V5 so I don't know why there would be an issue with that.

Thanks, Oliver 

Hi Oliver,

Try adding all my executable's to your antivirus exclusion. This is a sign the antivirus is preventing the change to occur.

Regards,

Simbol

Done but still doesn't sort it and now the .exe file has gone from the update starting but not being able to finish. I also now get a decompression error.

Edited by Flyer1000

Any more ideas? I'm still getting decompression errors - this time it has something to do with the main .exe file as its gone...

Just now, Flyer1000 said:

Any more ideas? I'm still getting decompression errors - this time it has something to do with the main .exe file as its gone...

It is the antivirus still blocking the process.. what antivirus are you using?

S.

Bitdefender - I've done all the exceptions and I switch it off when i try and run the update 

Bitdefender - I've done all the exceptions and I switch it off when i try and run the update 

Have you added the updater as a safe app? Bitdefender is a very annoying antivirus.. it ignores very often all the exclusions, etc.. 

S

But even when I do that it still comes up with something being disinfected 

If we do a quick TeamViewer I can teach you how to put all in a way that will leave AILRP alone.. I had this issue before with a customer from Germany.

S.

Yes ok, how does this work?

And also does it matter that the main .exe file for AILRP is gone?

Edited by Flyer1000

Yes ok, how does this week?

And also does it matter that the main .exe file for AILRP is gone?

I am available now if you want, you can restore the .exe from the Bitdefender quarantine.

S.

Yes thats fine, but it's not in the quarantine to restore it. All I keep getting is temp files that keep saying they're a threat

Yes thats fine, but it's not in the quarantine to restore it. All I keep getting is temp files that keep saying they're a threat

Ok we might need to do a full re-install. Let me know when you can do a remote session, etc.

S.

1 minute ago, Flyer1000 said:

yes i can now but I don't know how

Ok Install teamviewer.. it is free. then send me a PM with your TeamViewer ID and the password it will show in the screen.

Regards,
S.