Sign in to follow this  
rickgo

[Answered] Effects change?

Hi Simbol

If I change a group effect in v5, it also changes the effect in v4. This doesnt seem right.

For instance, In my crj group I cant see nav lights in v5. So I change nav effects in v5 for crj and notice the same change is made also in v4 for crj group. Is this right?

Or maybe I cant have same group names in v4 and v5.

Edit;  I tried renaming the crj group in v4, but it also renamed in v5.

Edited by rickgo
updated

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

1 hour ago, rickgo said:

Hi Simbol

If I change a group effect in v5, it also changes the effect in v4. This doesnt seem right.

For instance, In my crj group I cant see nav lights in v5. So I change nav effects in v5 for crj and notice the same change is made also in v4 for crj group. Is this right?

Or maybe I cant have same group names in v4 and v5.

Edit;  I tried renaming the crj group in v4, but it also renamed in v5.

Hi Rickgo,

The underlying effects formats and dynamic lighting intensity values are different between V4 and V5, however the changes applied by AILRP will be the same for V4 & V5.

Let me explain, let's say for example, you select effect texture size = +30%, this change will be done for both V4 & V5. and also if you select Dynamic lighting intensity = +30% this change will be also be done to V4 and V5 effects. Now what it is important to understand is that despite both simulator having different effects formats and engine rendering system, both FSReborn effects (V4 & V5) should look very close to each other despite which simulator you are running.

Therefore if an effect looks ok with +25% dynamic lighting under V4, it would look pretty much the same under V5. This is thanks to AILRP internal algorithms applied to your settings, the idea is to avoid user having to tweak effects for both simulators as this would add more workload to tweak their sims, and would make the usage of the application also more cumbersome.

The whole concept of AILRP is to be plug and play as much as possible, so if you want to have 1 Group for Airbus I don't want you to have to create it 2 times, calibrate lights 2 times, etc. hope you see the idea.

And at the end of the day, most users will eventually use either V4 or V5. So the design above was the most simple and straight forward solution to support multiple sims in one go..

Hope this helps to clarify.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

OK, Thanks.My problem is that nav lights that show in v4 dont show on same planes in v5. I also take into consideration that my AMD gpu may be playing

a part in this, as i can onlly use HDR and prreview ac is blank. This makes me wonder. I think I will have to forget about 4.5 and adjust for v5. I dont see

no other way around this.Maybe a new graphics card in future.Dont get me wrong, the AMd worked flawlesslly in v4.5  but not so much in v5.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

6 minutes ago, rickgo said:

OK, Thanks.My problem is that nav lights that show in v4 dont show on same planes in v5. I also take into consideration that my AMD gpu may be playing

a part in this, as i can onlly use HDR and prreview ac is blank. This makes me wonder. I think I will have to forget about 4.5 and adjust for v5. I dont see

no other way around this.Maybe a new graphics card in future.Dont get me wrong, the AMd worked flawlesslly in v4.5  but not so much in v5.

Then I suggest you do the following:

Export your Presets for V4.. and also your presets for V5. You can re-import them and re-apply them when you want to fly 4.5 again and re-adjust for V5 again, etc.

It is odd you see them different, how different? is it colour? is it size? are you using FSreborn scaling techniques? these helps to keep the consistency between simulators. Also be sure to use the same amount of HDR and Bloom between both Sims.

I always calibrate my effects to default HDR, default bloom and default saturation.

Regards,
Simbol