Sign in to follow this  
Chris_Bullas

Realair Spitfire IX & XIV Repaint kit

I’ve recently upgraded and reformatted my PC but in doing so I’ve lost my Spitfire IX and XIV repaint kit templates.

Realair are in suspended animation and although the aircraft is available the repaint kit isn’t.

Is anyone able to send me either or both please?

Thanks I've downloaded that. So near and yet so far.

I purchased the RA Spitfire in 2015. I have located the receipt email with the product key included.

However, when trying to install the paintkit the installer gives an error saying it can't find a valid Spitfire 2008 installation.

So I downloaded a fresh installer from the following link:

http://www.realairsimulations.net/installers/RASSpit_FSX_P3D.zip

I've installed from that and retried the paintkit. Same issue.

I have FSX SE on Windows 10 (apologies I think this might me the wrong thread) so I set up a dummy FSX MS folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X so see if that would help. No joy.

Any ideas please?

I have the aircraft too.. Tried the paint kit installer --> no go.
A little "deep" investigation ( perfect for waking up with the coffee - heh.. ) found that the installer is not finding a certain registry key on the system. 
Here are the steps to get the installer going. (not going to upload the files as they are copyrighted)

1) Copy the following code below into an empty notepad file. (plain text editor!)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\RealAir Simulations\Spitfire 2008]

2) Save the file as you wish but with the file suffix of .reg    example: spit_painkit.reg
3) Double click on the file. If Windows barks at you for permissions / "are you sure you want to continue?" etc.. click yes / allow etc... 
4) Run the installer - done.

• Upvote 1

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

LOL I spent the morning figuring out he same thing, came here to post the solution and spokes2112 got to it already. Anyway hope it works for you!

I installed under FSX:SE and the key it uses is "Spitfire FSX SE", but the paintkit installer wants "Spitfire 2008".

It's possible you will also need key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\Flight Simulator\10.0

And then add SetupPath = F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX  (or wherever your FSX is installed).

I only mention that because the Indigo Rose installer showed 2 registry errors in the log file when I first ran it.

• Like 1

Barry Friedman

17 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

I have the aircraft too.. Tried the paint kit installer --> no go.
A little "deep" investigation ( perfect for waking up with the coffee - heh.. ) found that the installer is not finding a certain registry key on the system. 
Here are the steps to get the installer going. (not going to upload the files as they are copyrighted)

1) Copy the following code below into an empty notepad file. (plain text editor!)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\RealAir Simulations\Spitfire 2008]

2) Save the file as you wish but with the file suffix of .reg    example: spit_painkit.reg
3) Double click on the file. If Windows barks at you for permissions / "are you sure you want to continue?" etc.. click yes / allow etc... 
4) Run the installer - done.

Thanks for that. That's sorted it.

• Like 2