Sign in to follow this  
molleh

Updates centers?

@molleh, those frequencies would be stored in the BGLs that are read by MakeRws.exe. The relevant files are created in the main P3D folder and are copied to the Data folder when you run the Database Update.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

48 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@molleh, those frequencies would be stored in the BGLs that are read by MakeRws.exe. The relevant files are created in the main P3D folder and are copied to the Data folder when you run the Database Update.

Hi Ray,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe makerunwys creates a z4.csv which is where RC's center names, vertices, and comms freqs are stored.

14 minutes ago, molleh said:

Hi Ray,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe makerunwys creates a z4.csv which is where RC's center names, vertices, and comms freqs are stored.

First time I can recollect that file being asked about. What is it you want to change? I’d need to look at it and see what it contains. That won’t be for another 7 hours or so.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

40 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

First time I can recollect that file being asked about. What is it you want to change? I’d need to look at it and see what it contains. That won’t be for another 7 hours or so.

It's OK Ray, it's not really an important thing for most people because you would normally just tune to whatever RC tells you to (thus it doesn't matter if the frequency matches current real data.) I'm an outside case, using X-Plane and the RC4toXPlane plugin to drive Radar Contact... was hoping to see if I could update the frequencies automagically but I'll probably just have to edit them one by one as I use them.

I'm just a stickler for having up to date frequencies for some stupid reason.

edit: it might actually be s4.csv that holds this data.. 

Edited by molleh

Hi molleh, looking at z4.csv it doesn't appear to hold frequencies, just various numbers which mean nothing to me. This discussion might help... https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/99136-help-me-in-adding-cntrl-zones/?do=findComment&comment=664027

Various frequencies can be updated by using this data https://aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

But it's for P3D/FSX only sadly. s4.csv does hold frequencies but my copy hasn't changed since installation back in April 2005.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 hours ago, molleh said:

Is it possible to update center frequencies/regions in RC4?

Center/FIR frequencies are stored in a file bvcf.bgl located in ../scenery/world/scenery. A few airports without departure frequencies have center frequencies instead but that's a rarity. Short of decompiling bvcf.bgl, editing and recompiling it, the only other option is to purchase fsaerodata.