Sign in to follow this  
jskibo

GTN750 / RSG 750 / Fly Elise Warping / P3D= Blank screen

I run both P3Dv5 and XP11.

Main screen is two projectors as an Nvidia Surround 3840 x 1080.

Second Screen is a Ruscool Aspen EFD1000

Third screen is a RealSImGear GTN750

When I run XP11 everything works great.  I nobezel the GTN popout, move to the RSG GTN750 and enjoy flying

When I run P3Dv5 the no bezel GTN750 screen shows up fine until I move it to the RSG GTN750 and then as soon as a drop it the screen goes blank.  If I move it back to the main screen is shows up again.

Longshot that anyone else is running similar config, but any ideas how to fix it (besides just fly XP11) 🙂

Hi,

Some might certainly advise flying with XP11 sure enough... I won't tell you my personal opinion on the matter either...

Can you please trying with just the GTN (no Aspen) to cross check whether there is any interaction there?

Have you tried using both projectors as 2 displays deactivating the 'surround mode' ? (this could be a P3D5 bug with this)

Can you cross check replacing the 2 projectors with 1 then 2 monitors?

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

7 hours ago, RXP said:

Can you please trying with just the GTN (no Aspen) to cross check whether there is any interaction there?

Same issue with No Aspen running

Have you tried using both projectors as 2 displays deactivating the 'surround mode' ? (this could be a P3D5 bug with this)

This would require re-warping and blending again.  Not really an experiment I want to dedicate a weekend to.  I think this would also only tell me that it's a P3D issue as it works fine under XP11 with warping in surround.  

Can you cross check replacing the 2 projectors with 1 then 2 monitors?

I reinstalled both the GTN and Trainer prior to doing this and got the same results, but before I broke out another monitor I tried moving the whole running sim with GTN open over to the RSG monitor and it displayed until I released the mouse button, then it crashed P3D.  Since the the RusCool and the RSG are running off another card I'm wondering if it has something to do with DX12.  The other card is a GT730 and not DX12 capable. I will try tomorrow to hook the RSG to the Intel MB video and see if results are the same

Edited by jskibo

I didn't catch it was fine with XP11 with the surround more too. This is a good hint there is a limitation in P3D dealing with the multi-monitor configuration. I'm looking forward your other test results.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

This is valuable information. I guess you're now looking for another video card.

Please let us know when you're setup with all this!

On 7/15/2020 at 9:48 PM, RXP said:

This is valuable information. I guess you're now looking for another video card.

Please let us know when you're setup with all this!

I picked up a GTX1650 to replace the GT730.