Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

Teleportation

Hello! Is it possible to correctly teleport the aircraft to another point in the flight plan? For example, on a transatlantic flight instead of simulation rate.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

4 hours ago, BMW969 said:

Hello! Is it possible to correctly teleport the aircraft to another point in the flight plan? For example, on a transatlantic flight instead of simulation rate.

Sure, why not. As long as the flight parameters are valid. When you are on slow approach and teleport back to TOD, your aircraft will plummet. But when you are in cruise you could jump to any point on the route with little risk.

The interesting questions are,

- what will ATC make of that? It will probably only work with the usual "ingorance" trick (= wait for ATC to hand you off to the next station, confirm, but don't contact the new one).
- How will the FMC or GPS routing react, for example if you fly a complex airliner (PMDG etc.)

Maybe it would be better to "skim" waypoints. Teleport to the next one in line, wait for a couple of seconds for the sim mechanics to catch up, then teleport again, until the desired waypoint is reached?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

You're right.

I rarely fly long distances because it takes a long time and there is nothing to do on the flight.

I rarely use large airliners. But there are many interesting airports in Asia, Australia and Africa.

I meant teleporting from point to point when the plane is at flight level.  Do you offer a built-in "simulation rate 64"  function?

3 hours ago, BMW969 said:

Do you offer a built-in "simulation rate 64"  function?

Built into what or where?

Generally speaking, the higher the simulation rate, the less reliable the autopilot is. In my experience any aircraft under autopilot will be thrown off course when you set sim rate too high - the sim is skipping too many data points in between. There are aircraft models that even depend on constant FPS and 1:1 simulation rate, they can't fly when you accelerate (Aerosoft Airbus used to misbehave violently when sim rate was accelerated, or when the FPS were too low - don't know if that is still the case).

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

14 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Built into what or where?

Generally speaking, the higher the simulation rate, the less reliable the autopilot is. In my experience any aircraft under autopilot will be thrown off course when you set sim rate too high - the sim is skipping too many data points in between. There are aircraft models that even depend on constant FPS and 1:1 simulation rate, they can't fly when you accelerate (Aerosoft Airbus used to misbehave violently when sim rate was accelerated, or when the FPS were too low - don't know if that is still the case).

Best regards

Yes, that's why I'm interested in any other way of teleportation with preservation of flight data. Apparently this is impossible.

24 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Yes, that's why I'm interested in any other way of teleportation with preservation of flight data. Apparently this is impossible.

The only solution with at least some probability of success is skimming the waypoints. Keeping ATC in check is entirely up to the user though. And it may well happen that any advanced FMC will go crazy.

I still don't understand what you mean by "built in". Built into an existing addon? A new app?

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

11 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

The only solution with at least some probability of success is skimming the waypoints. Keeping ATC in check is entirely up to the user though. And it may well happen that any advanced FMC will go crazy.

I still don't understand what you mean by "built in". Built into an existing addon? A new app?

Best regards

No, I mean the time accelerator built into the simulator )) I have never tried to speed up 64 times

Edited by BMW969

25 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

No, I mean the time accelerator built into the simulator )) I have never tried to speed up 64 times

Ah, OK.

I think that I will create a prototype for the waypoint skimming in WAMA, see how that works out. It is just a few lines of code.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

46 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Ah, OK.

I think that I will create a prototype for the waypoint skimming in WAMA, see how that works out. It is just a few lines of code.

Best regards

Good idea ! This opens up new horizons!) I passed control to the co-pilot and went to sleep for 2 minutes.))

It is important for the FMS to take teleportation for the distance traveled. After all, all the calculations have already been made and the time of hitting each point of the flight is known. The height level remains the same.

While loading a new flight point, you can show the beautiful "Pilot resting" screensaver or "FO control" 😃

Edited by BMW969

8 hours ago, BMW969 said:

It is important for the FMS to take teleportation for the distance traveled

I have no control over the various FMSs whatsoever. They either "get it" or they don't. Nothing I can do! And if an external module does the fuel handling, that won't work either - most likely. For advanced planes, like PMDG, Aerosoft, FSL, they could implement something like this in their logic and update all parameters accordingly. An external program will only screw it up.

So it is probably better to just leave it be, doesn't make much sense to even try.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Clear. Thanks for trying!