Sign in to follow this  
nobleord

Motherboard Question/Recommendations (AMD)

Hi,

I was interesting in getting some recommendations for motherboards.

My 6 year old flight sim computer died, so need to build a new one.  I have normally went the Intel route, but a friend suggested looking at AMD, so I am considering a 3700X to save a little bit on the total $$$ for the build.  From what I have read, the current AMD's perform well and there isn't the huge performance gap that used to exist. I also am looking at an RTX 2070 Super for the GPU.

On the FS side, the computer will be primarily for the new MSFS and P3Dv4 (had not upgraded to v5 prior to my crash).  I also had FS9 on the old pc... not sure if I will reload that.  Will also do some video stuff with the computer as well.

Thanks for any guidance!
Bryan

Edited by nobleord

Strongly recommend you look at Asus x570 Prime-P. Very good VRM, no frills board at good price. I use this, and its brilliant with good support.

X570 Tomahawk has gotten very good reviews on the likes of Gamers Nexus and other sites. Has been next to impossible to buy one for the past while but they seem to be in stock now. I have the X570 Unify and it's a good board but you can get the same good VRM with the Tomahawk for a good bit less.