Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

MSFS2020 Monitor specifications

Hello, I need a advise according monitor to use with flight simulator.

I want a 65 inch tv for my simulator and I need your advise according the specifications.

LG UHD HDR 4K LCD 65 inch I can get it with 550 Euros.

What else I need to know before I buy it please?

please help

Geo

1 hour ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hello, I need a advise according monitor to use with flight simulator.

I want a 65 inch tv for my simulator and I need your advise according the specifications.

LG UHD HDR 4K LCD 65 inch I can get it with 550 Euros.

What else I need to know before I buy it please?

please help

Geo

One very powerful PC at the max spec - or forget the 4KHDR - but size wont be a problem

With a mid range PC will run just the normal 1080HD at mid to high settings - but if you are serious

and can't afford around 6000 Euros for a full spec PC - wait until November when the new X Box Series is 

released - for which - the full sim is designed to run-  at it's top specifications

Oh !! - the X box will cost you around $US 5/600 - and if you have a games pass - the sim is free

PS - I suggest a 55" might be better and more comfortable which should give you a more "Cockpit" feel

Edited by jaytee73

1 hour ago, jaytee73 said:

One very powerful PC at the max spec - or forget the 4KHDR - but size wont be a problem

With a mid range PC will run just the normal 1080HD at mid to high settings - but if you are serious

and can't afford around 6000 Euros for a full spec PC - wait until November when the new X Box Series is 

released - for which - the full sim is designed to run-  at it's top specifications

Oh !! - the X box will cost you around $US 5/600 - and if you have a games pass - the sim is free

PS - I suggest a 55" might be better and more comfortable which should give you a more "Cockpit" feel

My PC is ok I think, no problems, I run now the close beta  MSFS at about 30-40 FPS with a 50 mb/sec internet connection.

i already pre ordered the MSFS PREMIUM DELUXE. Because I want to change my 4k tv to a larger that’s why I want to know what’s the best specs to buy.

Edited by georgiosgiannoukos

At this price point, LG TVs feature an RGBW pixel structure, which means you will not get an accurate 4K picture. It especially affects text badly, making general PC usage rather unpleasant, and most likely in the simulator too. LG also use IPS panels for their TVs, which provide good viewing angles but poor contrast and black uniformity. In your use case, since you'll probably be sitting in the centre of the screen, a VA panel should work best. Most low-end Samsung TVs use VA panels, but I'm not completely sure about 2020 models. If you can give me an example I can look it up.

Also at this price point, TVs do not get very bright, so do not expect acceptable HDR performance even though it is being advertised. It is said that sticking to SDR can be better for some low-end TVs with bad tone mapping.