Sign in to follow this  
carpe diem 9032

Gpws not working with freeware aircraft( 787-900)

I have this problem where I cannot get the GPWS sound to work on my 787-900 aircraft, I downloaded it from Simviation. I followed the instruction, where it says to put the GPWS file into the main FSX directory, into the sound file. Everything else works as intended (I.e the wipers, switches etc). For some unknown reason I can't get the GPWS sounds to work. Any help would be appreciated. https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=787&x=0&y=0 link for the 787 and it is the third one down, the United airlines one.b789_ual8.jpg-thumb.jpg

Edited by cuven
left out 2 words

When you said you added the GPWS file to the Main Sound file, I hope you meant folder.  You didn't extract all of the individual sound .wav files?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

OK, next thing to check would be looking in the panel.cfg, probably under [VCockpit01] or [VCockpit02] for the gauge= line stating the path from that GPWS folder and all it uses to create the sounds.

If everything looks good there, then check the aircraft.cfg for anything concerning [GPWS].

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 hours ago, cuven said:

Sorry if my writing was not clear, but yes I added the gpws folder to the main fsx sound folder. No extraction done, well winrar opened it, but that is about it.

Hi,

I downloaded this FSX 787-900 aircraft bundle package from Simviation, and it appears to include my generic freeware GPWS V3.3 addon.
But this was created for FS2004/FS9, NOT FSX.

And indeed, this version may, in some circumstances, not work, or cause FSX to 'crash' or 'hang' when changing aircraft or exitting FSX.

The guy that uploaded this aircraft bundle to Simviation, shouldn't have included this version of my GPWS package.

The good news is: I have a made FSX -- P3Dv4 versions of this GPWS gauge package.
if you want this problem fixed, please PM me your normal Email address, so I can communicate with you.

Rob Barendregt

I had a feeling that was the case, Rob!  To many "developers" upload their junk to that site without much testing and with illegally obtained improvements.

Charlie Aron

4 hours ago, cuven said:

I have given Rob a pm and hopefully he should be able to help me. Thank you Charlie for helping.:biggrin:

Cuven,

As I asked, please contact me via Email.

Either by PM- ing me your Email address, or send me an Email directly. My Email address is in all of my README's.

I do support all my freeware, but not via all these PrivateMessage systems; way too complex for me since I can't track all the support for the 100+ freeware addons I ever made and maintain.

Regards, Rob

ps. installing the new version is  more complex then just use the new panel.cfg definition, since the whole package structure has changed.

Rob