Sign in to follow this  
glider1

Grammar Helper bug 2.6.1.2

Hi there

On P2A version 2612

Situation:

Open grammar helper, enter ICAO codes then select center->request->VFR Flight Following

Problem:

"Say this" box is empty so you cannot practice the phrase(s) listed in the "Phrases to Say" box.

Notes:

It also applies to other phrases like request current altitude, arrival runway request and more

Without this functionality it is hard to debug why ATC doesn't work properly when connected in flight when distinguishing between recognition problems and phrase sequencing problems.

Edited by glider1

I just checked and it is working fine in the released version 2.6.1.2.  There are some phrases missing for requesting a different Arrival or Departure Runway, but those are going to be there in the next update.  Other phrases seem OK.

Do your "Phrases to Say" show up in gold?  Did you click one of them?  When you do, the Say This box should show the phrase in aqua.

If the Phrases to Say aren't showing up, then your Grammar Help files are damaged or missing.

Dave

Hi Dave

At the time of reporting this bug "phrases to say" did not show up even with clicking and it did not turn to aqua.

At the time of the bug P2A could not file a simple VFR flight plan. It could validate it but not file it.

At the time of the bug P2A would spend nearly five minutes creating an auto-plan for a simple VFR flight and task manager reported it not responding then responding again.

So I restarted P2A a day later and now trying again all these problems have been solved but I did nothing other than to reduce the volume of my mic because I noticed my voice was distorted.

I noticed that for the last few days this issue has been present but something has caused P2A to fix itself and it is now working.

I suspect restarting the program did it.

When you get errors like this, especially multiple seemingly unrelated errors, Restarting Pilot2ATC should be your first reaction and re-booting your PC should be your second fix.  That fixes probably 90% of these types of issues because they are usually caused by corrupt memory or similar issues.

Thanks for the update.

Dave

• Like 1