Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Keyboard keys not working

Hi all

Another issue I'm seeing, keyboard not working in the Sim but fine back in the menu,I have to crash the plane to get back to main menu, using a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, anybody came across this issue

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Yes having the same issue. Using a Corsair K63 wireless keyboard.

It seems the sim is adding joystick buttons to the keyboard profile. Resetting profile does not help though.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Cheers,

Gator

1 hour ago, gator said:

Yes having the same issue. Using a Corsair K63 wireless keyboard.

It seems the sim is adding joystick buttons to the keyboard profile. Resetting profile does not help though.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Cheers,

Gator

Very strange I'm going to try a wired keyboard tomorrow need sleep now lol

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I am using a wired keyboard and have the same issue. Keyboard is not functional when sim is running. 

I’m using a keyboard which connects via Bluetooth and it automatically goes into sleep mode after 15mins which appears to be causing the game to crash to desktop. 

i shall also be pulling out a wired keyboard to see if it makes any difference 

Edited by MikeyOnTheFlightDeck

What I needed to do was to start the sim without my joystick and set the keyboard up. I think the game has issues with USB devices connecting on-the-fly. Maybe cables really help here.

@fishn_cpa Did you check the keyboard settings in control? Mine were completely messed up.

Same problem using both a wired and a wireless keyboard. The keyboard works fine when I look at controller options but as soon as I'm flying, none of the keys work. My joystick/throttle control work flawlessly.

40 minutes ago, gator said:

What I needed to do was to start the sim without my joystick and set the keyboard up. I think the game has issues with USB devices connecting on-the-fly. Maybe cables really help here.

@fishn_cpa Did you check the keyboard settings in control? Mine were completely messed up.

I did and there were no settings for the keyboard. I just added one (‘p’ for pause) just to test. Back in the sim during flight that p doesn’t work nor does escape or any other key. I mapped the menu command to a joystick button and now I don’t have to crash the plane to exit the flight. I will try removing all other joysticks and adding them after. Thanks.

1 hour ago, fishn_cpa said:

I did and there were no settings for the keyboard. I just added one (‘p’ for pause) just to test. Back in the sim during flight that p doesn’t work nor does escape or any other key. I mapped the menu command to a joystick button and now I don’t have to crash the plane to exit the flight. I will try removing all other joysticks and adding them after. Thanks.

Not of a ridiculous problem isn't it, I will check to see if it's been logged with asobo

Wayne such

I fixed my issue. In my case I had the NZXT Overlay running and that must have interfered with the sim. If I don't have the overlay running it works perfectly.

47 minutes ago, patrikr said:

I fixed my issue. In my case I had the NZXT Overlay running and that must have interfered with the sim. If I don't have the overlay running it works perfectly.

Thanks I use that do I'll give it a shot

Wayne such

6 hours ago, suchw said:

Thanks I use that do I'll give it a shot

Been playing some more and it's better but not perfect. I used the Xbox Game Bar (CTRL+G) to take some screenshots and after that my keyboard stopped working. Very weird...

On 8/18/2020 at 5:44 PM, patrikr said:

My issue began when I used Ctrl+O to open my NZXT overlay, so there must me some relation here. I plugged in an xbox controller just so I have a backup just in case it happens again with other overlays 

9 minutes ago, FacebookNick said:

did you guys ever fix this,  im having same issue now and its killing me lol 

Try disabling any gaming overlays, in my case was nzxt overlay that was killing the keys in fs

Wayne such