Sign in to follow this  
robert young

More install advice please

Ordered on Amazon which announce next day delivery. But now it says August 26th, so I cancelled the order and went to Steam. But steam will only allow me to install either to Drve D (HDD) or to my SSD but only in Program Files\Steam|steamapps. It will not let me create a download library such as C:\MSFS. I have to use the existing program files directory. Are there the same issues about installing to this folder as there were with FSX and P3d?

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I think I went into the Drive I wanted and created the folder MSFS myself. I don't think the installer lets you create a folder. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Steam allows you to create more than one library folder, but apparently only one download library location per logical drive. As it already has a default C:\ program files\steam\steam apps folder it won't let me create a different folder on that drive, which is why I asked whether the old "program files" installation problem of FSX  (which restricts user control). applied to the new sim.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Does this help?  I ordered mine through MS Store (even though I have a ton of games on steam, and origin hah)

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Does this help?  I ordered mine through MS Store (even though I have a ton of games on steam, and origin hah)

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

Thanks Ryan, but this is in order to move your entire steam library. As I don't want to do that but just create a new folder on my SSD drive outside of program files\steam, it won't allow me to do that (only one library allowed per logical drive).as it already is using C:\