Sign in to follow this  
DPSimulation

Live Weather | ATC | Traffic - Issues Linked?

Since release i've seen people reporting issues of live weather either being incorrect or disappearing completely. Then there were numerous reports of the ATC being under heavy load resulting in no speech with a fix to move over to offline speech. In the last hour or so i've been unable to see any live traffic at all despite trying numerous airports, on the map view itself the live airport activity did show arrivals and departures but in the sim itself nothing spawned.

Does anyone know if these are all separated or can potentially all suffer from a combined overload which renders all ununsable at the same time?

I know it's early days since release, I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge about it?

Rather than starting a new thread solely for live traffic I thought i'd post in this one instead.

So, live traffic. Has anyone seen any today? I've spent time at several airports and not a plane has appeared even though the live airport activity did show arrivals and departures.

12 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

Rather than starting a new thread solely for live traffic I thought i'd post in this one instead.

So, live traffic. Has anyone seen any today? I've spent time at several airports and not a plane has appeared even though the live airport activity did show arrivals and departures.

I have seen some today. at EGLL, KSNA, and KSFO. Not as many as what shows on the live traffic map in the menu but I have seen some. 

• Like 1

To add to your topic, I will say that I suspect that "weather" is not just one thing, one feature, one server. I think it is possible to have accurate cloud layering, but fail to load in the winds. This is what seems to be going on a lot lately (well, all combinations, really). Ie, I just saw a post of someone flying in to a towering CB where there obviously should be a lot of up and downdrafts. Flying through it in a GA should be terrifying. He said he didn't really notice anything. This is the sort of behaviour that leads me to believe that the cloud layer service is coming through, but the wind data isn't. 

The same can be said for ATC. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I dont. Sometimes it comes and goes intermittently. It's probably due to server capacity. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

20 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

To add to your topic, I will say that I suspect that "weather" is not just one thing, one feature, one server. I think it is possible to have accurate cloud layering, but fail to load in the winds. This is what seems to be going on a lot lately (well, all combinations, really). Ie, I just saw a post of someone flying in to a towering CB where there obviously should be a lot of up and downdrafts. Flying through it in a GA should be terrifying. He said he didn't really notice anything. This is the sort of behaviour that leads me to believe that the cloud layer service is coming through, but the wind data isn't. 

The same can be said for ATC. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I dont. Sometimes it comes and goes intermittently. It's probably due to server capacity. 

Yeah I think the live traffic is being affected by the server overload as well. Once that gets ironed out , I fear our FPS is going to tank with with traffic. I guess I will set the AI on back at like 10%. I find that pretty reasonable for me.  

• Like 1