Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron Lefebvre

Way to make Manual cache smaller

Hi,

Does anybody know of a way to make the manual cache smaller.

I made it way to big for nothing.

thanks

I know you can make it bigger, but there does not seem to be a way to make it smaller or even delete it

Ron

MSFS -A2A Comanche250 -Cessna 310 -Cessna 414 - Black Square Duke
Black Square TBM 850 - 146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-800

2 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Hi,

Does anybody know of a way to make the manual cache smaller.

I made it way to big for nothing.

thanks

I know you can make it bigger, but there does not seem to be a way to make it smaller or even delete it

There is a delete tab in the settings section, you can also turn it off and I think if you type a lower number in for the size when you esc from the screen it will redo the size and start over but don’t quote me.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

You can't maker it smaller. You will have to delete all your created regions if you have any and then manually locate the cache file, delete it and restart your sim and start all over.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

35 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Quick question: can you store the manual cache whereever you want?

Yes, there's an option to choose the location.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

10 hours ago, captain420 said:

You can't maker it smaller. You will have to delete all your created regions if you have any and then manually locate the cache file, delete it and restart your sim and start all over.

Hi,

Your talking of deleting the MANUALCACHE.CCC file. Will it re create itself.

I just want to make sure I don't screw up the installation

Ron

Thanks

Ron

MSFS -A2A Comanche250 -Cessna 310 -Cessna 414 - Black Square Duke
Black Square TBM 850 - 146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-800

19 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Will it re create itself.

I just tested this with my installation (I had no regions in the cache) and it did not recreate. FS shows the cache as zero size after restart.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.