Sign in to follow this  
dolbinau

Saitek Yoke - Pitch Issues

Hi all,

Despite turning down the sensitivity and playing with the dead zones I still find the Saitek Yoke elevators to be rather horrendous that makes landing almost impossible..it's like a tiny twitch up and down and the whole aircraft is all over the place. Is anyone having issues with this?

I wonder if it reflects the wider issues with the Saitek Yoke that is well known that some people fix by taking it apart and adjusting the bands...for FSX I remember being able to adjust something in my fsx.cfg that changes the logic a bit to fix. 

Any suggestions?

13 minutes ago, dolbinau said:

Hi all,

Despite turning down the sensitivity and playing with the dead zones I still find the Saitek Yoke elevators to be rather horrendous that makes landing almost impossible..it's like a tiny twitch up and down and the whole aircraft is all over the place. Is anyone having issues with this?

I wonder if it reflects the wider issues with the Saitek Yoke that is well known that some people fix by taking it apart and adjusting the bands...for FSX I remember being able to adjust something in my fsx.cfg that changes the logic a bit to fix. 

Any suggestions?

Unless Saitek have recently updated that yoke, it has so many problems. Mine is stuffed away unused, despite taking it apart and removing or tweaking the mechanics as you describe. I think any yoke that has the limited movement of the Saitek is going to give you the same problems, but the Saitek has additional issues - the worst of which is that its software has built in deadzones. If you remove all windows/control device/settings deadzones completely there still will be substantial hard coded deadzones. If anything they will make what you describe far worse.

Thousands of Saitek users have complained about this and some have replaced the potentiometers with custom made hall sensors. 

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

8 minutes ago, dolbinau said:

Hi all,

Any suggestions?

Yes. I have the same issues. I think it might be an unfortunate combination. The flight model (at least on the airliners) has been questioned a LOT on this forum. And I can't seem to get my Saitek Yoke to respond properly. Flying in general is fine, lining up on the final approach is fine...but once I am near the threshhold it starts: a tiny bit of sidewind and the entire aircraft starts to wobble like a leaf which forces an overcorrection due to the yoke response and the "landing"...well... float, bank, slam. Then I say some ugly words about the simulator and quit. Wait a few hours and go back because "it looks so word not allowed pretty".