Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

MSFS2020 .exe application

Hello, I need some help where to find the main .exe application of the sim to save the compatibility as admin.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you

My understanding is that it is stored virtually. I found this out when I was trying to solve the ctd issue and did a search. Try it in the game directory. Use the wildcard, so search *.exe     The game executable will appear, but it will show 0Kb as content.

I remember back in FSX early days when someone was able to mod the fsx.exe file so you didn't need the game disc. That mod was either in the libraries here or at flightsim.com. But those days are gone.   

Edited by hypercide
Clarification

The flightsimulator.exe app is hidden from us, even running as Administrator.

If You want to see it (and all other core content) you will need to take possession of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

If You are up to it, there are several ways to do that. Just Google "How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RamonB said:

The flightsimulator.exe app is hidden from us, even running as Administrator.

If You want to see it (and all other core content) you will need to take possession of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

If You are up to it, there are several ways to do that. Just Google "How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10"

Hello and thank you for your support. I’ve done the procedure and I can now have access to WindowsApps. Even though the flight simulator.exe exists but no permission to use it. Anyway that’s fine

thank you