Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

Lear 35A inverter sound cuts out!

Hello:

I am running FSX with Lear version 4.3c. I love the new sounds! The inverter sound was initially working fine but over the last couple flights I noticed that when I click the switch the sound starts and about 5-10 seconds later it stops completely! Has anyone experienced this? It takes away the immersion just a little but it is quite noticeable.  Any suggestions appreciated!  Anyone know the file name and location for the sound?

??Al

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

2 hours ago, Airbus said:

Hello:

I am running FSX with Lear version 4.3c. I love the new sounds! The inverter sound was initially working fine but over the last couple flights I noticed that when I click the switch the sound starts and about 5-10 seconds later it stops completely! Has anyone experienced this? It takes away the immersion just a little but it is quite noticeable.  Any suggestions appreciated!  Anyone know the file name and location for the sound?

??Al

Make sure you have good battery voltage in the Lear. I think I would also delete all Lear saved flights at this point.

Al

Edited by ark

Hi Al:

What should I look for as a good battery voltage?  Are both battery switches supposed to be on?  I don't have any saved flights that also automatically load the Lear.  Most of my flights in FSX begin with the default Cessna 172 at my choice of airport. How would Lear saved flights affect battery voltage?

Al

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

14 minutes ago, Airbus said:

Hi Al:

What should I look for as a good battery voltage?  Are both battery switches supposed to be on?  I don't have any saved flights that also automatically load the Lear.  Most of my flights in FSX begin with the default Cessna 172 at my choice of airport. How would Lear saved flights affect battery voltage?

Al

Hi Al,

You can read the DC battery voltage on the DC Volts gauge in the center of the instrument panel. It typically should be close to 24 volts are so. I mentioned the battery voltage because the inverter sound code only requires that at least one inverter switch be on and the battery voltage be at least 3 volts -- which is a very low value and would only be an issue with almost dead batteries. So it is hard to understand why the inverter sound would quit after 10 or 15 seconds unless the batteries where drained. The inverter switches and battery voltage are the only things involved with triggering the sound.

Any chance some other sound, perhaps from a new addon of some kind, is just covering up the inverter sound?

Sometimes saved flights seem to get corrupted and can cause a problem -- thus my suggestion to delete them if you had any. Just a shot in the dark.

So assuming the batteries are not the issue (and only one needs to be on) I can't explain the sound problem you are having -- something is not right. Have you changed anything, added anything, etc.?

My only other 'last resort' suggestion at this point would be to uninstall the Lear, delete any files that remain in the install location after the uninstall, and then reinstall the Lear.

Al