Sign in to follow this  
Jack B

Am I using 4K resolution?

Hello. I have a newer 50" Samsung TV as a monitor that is currently set at 3840 X 2160 / 60P. I have searched the internet trying to determine if this is in fact a true 4K, and now I am really confused as to whether it is or is not. The reason I ask is that running this sim at ULTRA settings, I don't think my image quality in sim is up to the quality of some 4K YouTube videos I view. I know stutter is a problem with some people, however I don't have that and therefore it doesn't add into the equation fortunately. Any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Most of the time, if you take a screenshot you can determine the true resolution the game is running.

• Like 1

Yes, 3840 X 2160 is 4 K 🙂

• Like 1

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

18 minutes ago, toprob said:

Is the simulator set to 4K? 

I don't know how to do that sir. I'll look for that option. I do have it set to 3840 X 2160 resolution if that's what I need to do.

Edited by Jack B

Well, when it's set in 3840 X 2160, it's set in 4 K. Now, the quality of the images will depend of the settings (high end, ultra and etc), it's why you don't have the same as some youtube videos. If I'm wrong, well anyone can
tell me that and why 🙂

I am using Ultra at all of the settings. Maybe I just need to clean my glasses! Thanks for the replies.

• Like 1

Stutters in 4k hmm my last Sony 4k made the game run amazing no stutters whats over thats why I just bought a new one today 🙂 4k is awesome - you dont have to crank settings to make it look amazing

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, Jack B said:

I am using Ultra at all of the settings. Maybe I just need to clean my glasses! Thanks for the replies.

Just tell us the model name Jack

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 1

Rich Sennett

hm yes, the model have it's importance, I have twoo 4 K screens, a Philips and a Sony Bravia. The Sony shows with no doubts way better images and colors.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Just tell us the model name Jack

Is this it? I'm dizzy now trying to write it down. UN50NU6900FXZA

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack B said:

Absolutely 4k - you might have a setting not right in your nvidia control panel or something it should be smooth as silk - been a while since messing with 4k - do some homework

Also check in your Samsung tv settings there might be a game mode that needs to be turned on or something like that

Nvidia control panel setup is very important where you change  color settings - Ill look a bit

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

7 minutes ago, Jack B said:

Its here you need to paly with these settings probably also like I said check Samsung menus settings also - been a few years since playing with 4k when done right its amazing

I would assume you have a quality hdmi cable also hit up youtube

panel.jpg

Rich Sennett

4 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Absolutely 4k - you might have a setting not right in your nvidia control panel or something it should be smooth as silk - been a while since messing with 4k - do some homework

Also check in your Samsung tv settings there might be a game mode that needs to be turned on or something like that

Nvidia control panel setup is very important where you change  color settings - Ill look a bit

Thank you. I do have the tv set to 'Game Mode' and suffer no lag either in this sim, or the racing sims I drive. I'll also look into the color settings, altough I'm happy with them now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Its here you need to paly with these settings probably also like I said check Samsung menus settings also - been a few years since playing with 4k when done right its amazing

I would assume you have a quality hdmi cable also hit up youtube

panel.jpg

Thanks very much. I do have what I though was a high quality HDMI cable, and I'll look into the NVIDIA setting you posted.

• Like 1