Sign in to follow this  
duke_sc

Was working, now.....:(

Hi folks,

I had DX10SF working fine on windows 10 2004 fsx:steam.  Then something strange happened and steam said I needed to install 3gb of files for fsx.  So after doing that and reinstalling everything else that now no longer worked (all my orbx stuff), DX10SF  didn't seem to be working.  So I tried re-installing the libraries again and enabling dx10 but I only get as far as around 80% on the scenario loading screen and then fsx shuts down.  I works properly once I disable dx10 and go back to dx9.  I really miss being able to see the virtual cockpits in some of my planes at night and I really miss the clouds.  Any pointers as to where I might look to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Robert

I am wondering if you have installed the beta release of fsx steam.  The latest fixer is compatible with it, but other addons are not and cause a crash.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply :)  I'm on 3.4.  Installed it a long while back but haven't done much simming due to family bereavement.  Returned to it through all the hype about 2020 and so was getting everything up and running when I hit the steam bump in the road.  I'm not using the beta program at present I came back out of it because it was making fsx quite unstable for me.  Could it have left something behind?  I reckon there's a newer version of fixer but as I no longer have the details of purchase (can't even remember where I bought it) I'm not sure if I can update it, or the clouds which I purchased at the same time. (The clouds was the main reason I tracked the program down in the first place as I just love the realism they bring to the sim.  I'll stop waffling now :)  Anyway hopefully you can point me in some direction toward restoring functionality to fixer.

Thanks

Robert Leitch 

PS  Does fixer correct the default panels lighting? Because when I try to turn on the panel lights at night nothing happens.

I have located your order and resent you everything.  The download links will download the latest versions.  I suggest you try with those.

On panel lighting the fixer so far as I know fixes everything these days.  You may need to slightly increase NUM_LIGHTS in fsx.cfg for some aircraft lighting to work correctly.

Anyway try with the new versions.

i suggest you uninstall the old versions then

1) test if fsx runs in dx10 preview without the fixer

2) install the fixer only including libraries and see if it runs with fixer

3) finally install cloud shadows to see if it runs with that.

Pay particular attention during the installation for any errors reported amend check the fixer diagnostics after installation to see if all its checks have passed.

Hi,

All working now :)  Thanks very much for your speedy replies and finding my original order.  So pleased to see my cloud shadows again lol. I've checked the night lights in cockpit and they are working now too.  Couldn't be happier.

Cheers!

Robert