Sign in to follow this  
Boeing A370

Fsx suddenly slow and unresponsive

Hi everyone! I am having some bad issues with fsx. I recently installed the Aerosoft Airbus A319/318 and since then I have been having some major problems. The FPS have suddenly dropped in all my planes VC to a maximum of around 5 FPS but sometimes nearly as low as 0.5! And when I try to load a flight from the FLY NOW button, it takes about 15 minutes to load. And I also have a saitek switch, multi, and radio panel and the landing gear switch lights on the switch panel will stay green after I put up the landing gear for a long time and may suddenly change colour to red for no reason mid flight. I uninstalled Aerosoft a319/318 and I still have the problems. I tried lower my graphic setting and trying multiple tweaks but no improvements. I’ve obviously encountered numerous problems with fsx throughout the years but nothing like this. I also don’t want to do a fresh reinstall of it either because I paid a lot of money for addons. Please don’t even ask me about specs and all that because I have no idea what they are or even how to find out what they are

This likely won't fix all your symptoms, but have you unchecked sceneries you are not using for a particular flight?  I would give these guides below a read to be honest - you may have overlooked a few things to try.

https://www.avsim.com/files/file/41-avsim-basic-fsx-configuration-guide/

https://www.avsim.com/files/file/93-avsim-ctd-guide/

After following the suggestions, try a flight in a default plane.  If it improves, try reinstalling the Airbus and see if you still have the same issues.  You did use the Windows Programs and Files option to uninstall, right?  Not simply take the SimObjects folder to the Recycling Bin?

In addition, are you used boxed FSX or FSX:Steam Edition?  If the latter, is that Airbus a Steam DLC or was it not purchased through Steam's store?  Uninstalling Steam DLCs isn't as simple as it used to be.  Reply and I can get into that if you'd like.

Finally, if you continue to have issues, system specs would be helpful.  Search "System Information" in Windows.  All that are really needed are "Processor" and "Installed Physical Memory (RAM)."  Are you using a laptop or desktop?  If a desktop, do you connect your monitor to the computer's default graphics port or to a video card's port?

• Upvote 2

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Hi. I would be surprised if your problem with low FPS is related to the Aerosoft Airbus - I certainly am able to use the A318/319 in FSX Acceleration (boxed) without seeing any similar problems. I have however encountered the odd occurrence over the years where FSX seems to run exceptionally slowly for no apparent reason but on all of these occasions shutting down my computer completely and restarting it has resolved the problem. So it may be worth trying that if you have not done so already.

Irrespective of your FPS issue, I would agree with the above suggestion to read the Avsim Configuration Guide and I would advise you to go through it in detail and set up your system exactly as it recommends. I have enjoyed a very steady FSX installation on my system for years and I put it down to setting everything up as per the Avsim guide and avoiding other 'tweaks'.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BF Bullpup said:

This likely won't fix all your symptoms, but have you unchecked sceneries you are not using for a particular flight?  I would give these guides below a read to be honest - you may have overlooked a few things to try.

https://www.avsim.com/files/file/41-avsim-basic-fsx-configuration-guide/

https://www.avsim.com/files/file/93-avsim-ctd-guide/

After following the suggestions, try a flight in a default plane.  If it improves, try reinstalling the Airbus and see if you still have the same issues.  You did use the Windows Programs and Files option to uninstall, right?  Not simply take the SimObjects folder to the Recycling Bin?

In addition, are you used boxed FSX or FSX:Steam Edition?  If the latter, is that Airbus a Steam DLC or was it not purchased through Steam's store?  Uninstalling Steam DLCs isn't as simple as it used to be.  Reply and I can get into that if you'd like.

Finally, if you continue to have issues, system specs would be helpful.  Search "System Information" in Windows.  All that are really needed are "Processor" and "Installed Physical Memory (RAM)."  Are you using a laptop or desktop?  If a desktop, do you connect your monitor to the computer's default graphics port or to a video card's port?

Thank you so much for the reply! I am running FSX boxed standard edition and yes I did uninstall aerosoft 319 using the windows programs but I still have problems. I have been running aerosoft a320 321 for almost a year now with no problems with that but it’s so cool I started running the a319 and a318 where I have had the problems. I tried running some default aircraft and I am getting about 20 to 60 FPS but my saitek radio panels are still not working. I will take a look at the links now to see if there’s anything helpful. Thank you so much once again for the help, really appreciate it.

-Cormac

14 hours ago, Boeing A370 said:

Thank you so much for the reply! I am running FSX boxed standard edition and yes I did uninstall aerosoft 319 using the windows programs but I still have problems. I have been running aerosoft a320 321 for almost a year now with no problems with that but it’s so cool I started running the a319 and a318 where I have had the problems. I tried running some default aircraft and I am getting about 20 to 60 FPS but my saitek radio panels are still not working. I will take a look at the links now to see if there’s anything helpful. Thank you so much once again for the help, really appreciate it.

-Cormac

Always happy to help another FSX user.  Anything over 25 FPS is good enough - the human eyes don't really benefit from more than 30.  I have a Saitek Logitech radio panel, multi panel, and switch panel.  I have tried the default Saitek drivers myself, but I find SPAD.neXt to be far more reliable and customizable.  It's payware though, but worth every cent in my opinion.  A FSX license is also good for the new MSFS, which is awesome as I recently got the latter.  I have heard the freeware Lorby AxisAndOhs works well too, but it looks like it will become payware.

Perhaps it is just that the 318 and 319 is more resource intensive than the 320 and 321, if you have difficulties with the former and no problems with the latter.  Being an older 32 bit program FSX can use no more than 4 GBs of RAM and the more you load for your flight and the more complicated and visually intensive your aircraft is, the less memory to run the sim without stutters or crashes you will have available.  This is part of the appeal of the new MSFS and other more recent sims - they are 64 bits and possible memory usage is virtually unlimited now.  So recently more intensive aircraft and scenery have been going to, for example, Prepar3D v.4 and v.5, rather than FSX.

Not saying you should "upgrade" - I just wanted to be sure you are aware of FSX's limitations, particularly with intensive third party add-ons.  FSX is still my main sim until MSFS gets a lot more upgrades and add-ons.

• Upvote 1

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

UPDATE: Over the past past few days I’ve went through all my files and deleted unnecessary addons and unisntalled and reinstalled Service pack 1 and 2 and now all of a sudden it’s back to how it should be. Thank you so much everyone who has tried to help me, really appreciate it

Kind regards 

-Cormac

• Like 1