Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Anyone running the TBM without stutters?

Good morning,

As the title says...For me the TBM is the only plane which gives constant stuttering. I have tested all other GA's and they run smooth. The TBM stutters are all over the place even withoug any flightplan loaded.

Am i missing something here?

The was a post about tweaking the refresh rate of the Panel screens but that does'nt seem to apply to the TBMs. While the DA62 for example is refreshing at 30 FPS now, the TBM still runs 60FPS. Maybe it has its own file to be edited?

Best regards,

Tom

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Having discovered the TBM I think it's the best of the basic default aircraft.  I have not experienced any stuttering in it versus other aircraft.  In fact overall micro-stuttering is rare for me, it only happens if I'm approaching an area of dense scenery from an area of sparse density and only lasts a very short while and is hardly noticeable.

My settings are the high-end set without any changes except I limited FPS to 30 in the nVidia control panel, running on a 1080p monitor.  I don't have a super system, an I7-7770K CPU with 32GB RAM and a 1070Ti video card.  I run MSFS from SSDs and have my rolling cache set at 64GB - I did try the manual cache and noticed it seemed to introduce noticeably more micro-stutters so shut it off and deleted my manually cached areas.

Are you perchance using any external utility that uses SimConnect like FSUIPC or LittleNavMap?   SimConnect has a performance bug that kills FPS when in use.  That is said to be corrected in the next patch.

Wish I could help you.  It's really odd how some people have lots of performance issues and others don't with similar or even lower-end hardware.

Edited by Dutch727

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

I haven't experienced stuttering in the TBM specifically, as I recently took it from KSEA to CYVR and the only stuttering I experienced at times, I believe, was due to the scenery loading.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato