Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

FSLabs A320: no landing lights splash on arrival

1 minute ago, jgoggi said:

Marcus, I have P3D v4.5 HF3. Did you test the A320 upon landing? Not at takeoff, but after climbing and then landing...

Anyway at FSLabs they are aware of the issue, so it can't be only me...

Ok. I a. On V5. Sorry. Can not test it for you. Good luck with finding a solution.

If they are aware, then way post it here and surge for others? 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

There is a thread open by someone else on the FSLabs support forum in March:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/24864-lights-not-illuminating-on-ground-when-arriving/&tab=comments#comment-190332

This is the reply by Lefteris:

"We have responded to your support ticket. It's a bug in the P3D engine whereby if there are too many dynamic lights in the sceneries installed, the P3D engine will not correctly process them in turn from the ones closest to the ones farthest, instead you'll randomly lose whichever ones the engine decides are too many."

I DEACTIVATED all installed sceneries, so everything DEFAULT and I tested on some lost small airports surrounded by nothing... Well, the issue is still there...

Therefore this reply is ABSOLUTELY WRONG!

Edited by jgoggi

James Goggi

Therefore this reply is ABSOLUTELY WRONG!

James - I've taken a look at this today. The reply you recieved from Lefteris in March is still correct; there is an issue with dynamic lighting within the P3D engine that LM have not yet addressed. Given that this issue is unlikely to be resolved due to it being quite difficult to reproduce (I cannot repo here); I have implemented a possible workaround within our code base that should enable the lighting to continue working on the approach. Please try the next public update for the A320-X to see if it helps with the issue you are seeing.

Edited by MachTwo
  • Like 3

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Thank you very much, Andrew, really very kind of you. Sorry for being a bit abrupt, but I have been scratching my head with this issue in the past 2 weeks and I did many tests in different conditions, 100% of the times I could not get the lights illuminating the ground upon landing, if they had been switched off then on during flight (as it shoud happen passing 10000 ft). 

Waiting to test the next update.

Best regards.

James Goggi

Andrew, another issue I have just found, not so important as that of the runway illumination, is again when I switch landing lights off during flight, then on.

If I do that from the external aircraft view, I get the engine cowls illuminated. If I do that from the VC, they don't get illuminated, even if I switch the lights off/on again.

Just for info.

Thank you.

Edited by jgoggi

James Goggi

Hi everyone,

i can confirm having same issue as described above. Ligts not working upon landing, whicch makes perception and flare a bit more difficult. After lnding, turning switches off and on turns lights back on. Havent had these issues on previous versions.