Sign in to follow this  
DJ Rosko

Noob with questions for Aerosoft A330

Hi there, I posted the italicized text below over in the Aerosoft forum and they directed me toward this forum-I don’t have Linda yet and all my current aircraft (PMDG/TFDi/FSLabs) I have programmed in the functions I’ve needed in FSUIPC with control codes be they rotorbrake or custom.  I’m running into the brick wall with the Aerosoft A330.  They don’t seem to have custom controls so I’ve apparently got to use LINDA and Lua and LVAR stuff which I really am confused about as there’s not really step by step stuff on YouTube

I’m running P3D V5 and using mouse macros which aren’t the greatest at the moment so if someone could help me out with a step by step like:

1. Download X

2. Drag file Y to folder Z 

3. Program controls  

I would greatly appreciate it.   I’m loathe to install more stuff as my sim is *knock on wood* fairly stable at the moment.  I don’t grasp this module, lvar and lua thing very well-it took me long enough to find a video on how to program the PMDG and rotorbrake codes and then program all my devices.  I currently have the CH Throttle who’s toggle switches I use for Autopilot-Speed/HDG/ALT/VS up & down, TOGA/A/T Disco and Gear Up/Down, the Honeycomb Yoke which I use the 4 rocker buttons for Boeing fuel run/cutoff and Airbus push/pull for selected/managed And then the ThrustMaster Airbus sidestick which I have the buttons programmed for additional Airbus features like Autobrake/TO Config/Appr/AP1&2/LOC/EXPED/FD1&2/LS 

I’d like to setup something similar with the Aerosoft A330 but I’m really confused as to how to do it with LINDA Lua-if I have to sit there and write code I’ll probably stick to the mouse macros that don’t work very well.  Below is what I posted in the Aerosoft forum 

I’ve got a question about setting up my FCU w FSUIPC and/or P3D to work with my CH throttle switches and the push buttons on my TM TCA Airbus sidestick.  On my smaller bus from a different company, I’ve used spad next to get my radio stack working.  

As for the FCU in my other aircraft

-I use my CH throttle quad switches in order to go speed inc/dec, HDG inc/dec, ALT inc/dec, VS etc.  

-I use the push buttons on my TCA Airbus sidestick for AP1/2, LOC/APPR/EXPED autobrake Low-Max, TO Config 

-I use the four (4) rocker switches on my honeycomb alpha yoke for managed/selected SPD/NAV/CLB/VS 

I’d like to get the A330 control codes (for example my small Airbus uses ‘rotorbrake’ codes like ‘71210’ for everything where I input those into FSUIPC and it handles it)  In my PMDG/TFDI Boeing aircraft, there’s what’s called a “custom code” such as 0X1235B to program the same functions in. 

I’m currently using mouse macros in the A330 and a lot of them aren’t the greatest-for example when I push/pull the FCU-the animation remains stuck in or out on the button due to the mouse macro.  

I couldn’t find a new topic on this or one specific for the A330 in the last 6 months.  

Any help is appreciated, I’m running P3D V5.  

edit: I’m not really into this LVAR or lua Linda thing-I’ve looked into it and all it’s done is really confuse me a bunch so if there’s codes somewhere that would be outstanding.  

Edited by DJ Rosko

Every aircraft add-ons developer finds different ways to interface with hardware. With LINDA we do the hard work of working out what they have done and develop a targeted module to provide a common and simple interface for most HID devices. LINDA relies on the appropriate version of FSUIPC to work.

There is a LINDA module specifically written to work with the Aerosoft A330, A318/319 and A320/321. It takes all the hassle out of developing lots of individual functions/LUA snippets as you are trying to do.

You will need to download and install LINDA and the Aerosoft A3xx Pro module. For P3D v4 you will need LINDA v3.1.1 and for P3D V5 LINDA V3.2.6. Instructions aren’t provided for guide users with the installation.

The LINDA GUI and LUA code have negligible impact on system performance and because it sits alongside FSUIPC is can easily be turned on and off.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

4 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Every aircraft add-ons developer finds different ways to interface with hardware. With LINDA we do the hard work of working out what they have done and develop a targeted module to provide a common and simple interface for most HID devices. LINDA relies on the appropriate version of FSUIPC to work.

There is a LINDA module specifically written to work with the Aerosoft A330, A318/319 and A320/321. It takes all the hassle out of developing lots of individual functions/LUA snippets as you are trying to do.

You will need to download and install LINDA and the Aerosoft A3xx Pro module. For P3D v4 you will need LINDA v3.1.1 and for P3D V5 LINDA V3.2.6. Instructions aren’t provided for guide users with the installation.

The LINDA GUI and LUA code have negligible impact on system performance and because it sits alongside FSUIPC is can easily be turned on and off.

Thanks for your answer Scott.  Looking at all these “read,  write; ipc” type of things makes my head spin.  

• Upvote 1