Sign in to follow this  
Pilot Pip

Navigraph vs Little Navmap

On 4/17/2022 at 8:37 AM, aescal said:

I tend to use Plan-G alot. Little Nav Map is good but it looks very cluttered..

Just like PlanG it depends on your settings. Try reducing the detail, etc.

PlanG is a mess also with all bells and whistles enabled

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I suffered with that too a bit until I spend some time playing around with the huge amount of settings in LittleNavMap. After that I am even more happy with LNM. I love for most the multiple export of flight plans. I often do not yet know what plane I am gonna use if I plan a route. So I standard save it in 6 formats without the hassle of finding the correct directory and format for every plane or sim (I use XPlane and p3d)

Only thing I would like to see is that it could generate a simbrief compatible document  because some planes and software have possibilities to import that. But it is not a real 'problem' . 

The advantage is, it uses the nav databases from the sim. That is also sort of a limitation.  I can use sids ,stars and approaches  for XPlane that match the database of the aircraft. But in p3d I only see approaches, there are no sids/starts and I do not know if this is a p3d limitation (I mostly fly vor-vor in vintage pre-glass-cockpit airliners without FMS/FMC so I do not miss it) or it is LNM. 

If LNM was payware I would buy it. It is brilliant, as far as I experience, it is  as good as  bug-free, loaded with possibilities and relative easy to use. (I found out about the (great) online manual only after a year or so, because i never really  needed it before) It has a logbook, does flight tracking, fuel-planning, works off-line, is super flexible regarding parameters like coordinate-formats, weight etc. Gives weather reports (using the sims data) But also info about the airports like frequencies, elevation, runways, navigation data etc