Sign in to follow this  
aaronjd21

Hello from Newcastle!

Hi all,

Havnt played flight simulator since a teenager, joined the army and have just left after 12 years, looking to get back into it with FS2020 now I have more time on my hands!

I don’t have a great budget and was looking towards gumtree etc for a gaming pc, Ive came across someone selling one for £700.

I would appreciate your thoughts on wether or not this would be ok and would type of settings I’d be able to expect to play with if possible!

Thermaltake X31 case with tempered glass side panel ( lots of room for liquid cooling and airflow)

Ryzen 5 2600 6 core 12 thread cpu

16gb corsair vengeance lpx (new)

550w corsair lv550

Zotac RTX2070 8gb blower

Asrock B450 pro4 motherboard ( lots of nice features and 2 spare ram slots)

New silent thermaltake rgb fans plugged into a controller

Sabrent rocket 512gb m.2 nvme ssd ( one of the fastest on the market) 6 times faster than a normal ssd

That is straight from his advert, do you think this would be ok? Would appreciate people’s opinions on wether or not this is a ok price too. 

Thanks in advance and have a good weekend.

Aaron

EDIT - never realised zotac was a gfx card, Do'h. Oh, welcome to AVSIM too! :cool:

A rough guess is that you shouldn't have any problem running the new sim on that, but I'm no expert. Have you had a shufty through the main fs2020 part of the forum and the hardware section too?

I just found this vid - he's using the same CPU - might give you something to go on! 🍻:cool:

Edited by HighBypass

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Welcome to Avsim. 🙂 That PC looks like it would run the new MS sim okay to me.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here