Sign in to follow this  
Alaska738

Page INIT [Help]

From what little I know about it, most of that info would come from a flight dispatch in the real world. Trip wind would be included in the dispatch as an average during your cruise. DEST FOB is the remaining fuel you should have at your destination and would also be calculated in the FMC based on your inputs and fuel load given from dispatch.

I see you reference to an A320 page so I won't go further as I fly Boeing aircraft, but when I create a dispatch with PFPX most of the info you seek is given IN the dispatch. Create an account on www.simbrief.com and dispatch a flight. It may help to sort it more for you. 🙂

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Thanks for answer! I don't know A320 between Flex...i only fly 737NG. But knowing that MFS didn't integrate a Boeing 737, i have to fly an Airbus. The FMC is not the same as Boeing, so i'm lost.

I use simbrief and PFPX too.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

I am only using 2020 for GA flying for now until PMDG comes over. lol INIT should be roughly the same for info, based on what you said above. I have not tried the 2020 'bus yet, so I am not sure what all is modeled in the FMC. But, if they have the init fully modeled, ZFW entry should fill in a lot of the other stuff. SO load payload, load fuel, and then go into INIT and try right click on ZFW, see if it will auto-fill the rest.

If not, use numbers from your dispatch in either PFPX or simbrief. To try to answer each section though:

TAXI: fuel time for taxi, dependent on what you fill-in for dispatch rules, my VA uses 10-15 mins fuel

ZFW/ZFWCG; See above answer.

TRIP/TIME: Use EET from your dispatch number

BLOCK: Again this is a time entry from your dispatch

TOW/LW: Should auto-fill based on your ZFW (I hope)

FINAL TIME: ETA based on your FP

MINE DEST FOB: Fuel on Board at Destination, again from dispatch "remaining fuel"

TRIP WIND: Should be on your dispatch as an average wind at cruise

EXTRA TIME: based on your fuel load, how much extra time do you have loaded? 

Good luck!

John Binner, MCDST

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Indeed, the FMC is not modeled with the A320 from MFS. I can't enter all the information. It's "inact". This is why i only fly with PMDG.

ZFW/ZFWCG is entered automatically since the last update. Btw the TOW/LW must be entered manually like for Taxi fuel.

For TRIP WIND it's AVG WIND? this is what i see in simbrief.

t-l-chargement

18 hours ago, Schwarzgruber said:

Indeed, the FMC is not modeled with the A320 from MFS. I can't enter all the information. It's "inact". This is why i only fly with PMDG.

ZFW/ZFWCG is entered automatically since the last update. Btw the TOW/LW must be entered manually like for Taxi fuel.

For TRIP WIND it's AVG WIND? this is what i see in simbrief.

Yes, AVG WIND is trip wind.

John Binner, MCDST

On 9/12/2020 at 12:18 AM, Schwarzgruber said:

Could someone help me figure out how this page works?

How to calculate TAXI, ZFW/ZFWCG, TRIP/TIME, BLOCK, TOW/LW, FINAL TIME, MINE DEST FOB, TRIP WIND, EXTRA TIME?

BLOCK is fuel load to the nearest 100kg. A load of 7260kg would be entered as 7.3 into the BLOCK field.

ZFW is Zero Fuel Weight. ZFWCG is Zero Fuel Weight Centre of Gravity. These are calculated values done in the real world by dispatch loadsheet software. Aerosoft has a fuel calculator utility they supply with their buses, perhaps it's available as a free download somewhere. I can't remember if Simbrief works it out but I have a feeling it does if you populate the right fields at flight setup. Enter these as tons to nearest 100kg (as above) / CG. ZFW of 56480kg and CG of 24.8% would be entered as 56.5/24.8.

TAXI is fuel needed for APU start and run, engine start and taxi to the runway. A generous figure for the older engines is 500kg. Dont know what an A320neo figure would be.

TRIP WIND should be on your flightplan in Simbrief. Enter this as nnn/zz where n is direction in degrees and z is the strength. For example, 270/10.

FINAL RESERVE or FINRES is 30 minutes of fuel for flying at 1500ft. In the Aerosoft buses this ranges from 1.3T for the A318 to 1.6T for the A321 depending on weight and engine type. 1.5T is a generous estimate for the A320.

EXTRA is whatever you feel like adding. Useful if you're going to hold or fly longer at low altitudes.

The other fields you mention are calculated by the FMS in the real thing once you insert the other values. Be sure to set the flaps and trim value for takeoff in the FMS. 1+F/ or 2/ is good enough for most scenarios. If the CG is set properly trim of 0.6-0.8 UP is enough. You would enter that as 2/UP0.8 or 1+F/UP0.7.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

14 hours ago, lambourne said:

BLOCK is fuel load to the nearest 100kg. A load of 7260kg would be entered as 7.3 into the BLOCK field.

ZFW is Zero Fuel Weight. ZFWCG is Zero Fuel Weight Centre of Gravity. These are calculated values done in the real world by dispatch loadsheet software. Aerosoft has a fuel calculator utility they supply with their buses, perhaps it's available as a free download somewhere. I can't remember if Simbrief works it out but I have a feeling it does if you populate the right fields at flight setup. Enter these as tons to nearest 100kg (as above) / CG. ZFW of 56480kg and CG of 24.8% would be entered as 56.5/24.8.

TAXI is fuel needed for APU start and run, engine start and taxi to the runway. A generous figure for the older engines is 500kg. Dont know what an A320neo figure would be.

TRIP WIND should be on your flightplan in Simbrief. Enter this as nnn/zz where n is direction in degrees and z is the strength. For example, 270/10.

FINAL RESERVE or FINRES is 30 minutes of fuel for flying at 1500ft. In the Aerosoft buses this ranges from 1.3T for the A318 to 1.6T for the A321 depending on weight and engine type. 1.5T is a generous estimate for the A320.

EXTRA is whatever you feel like adding. Useful if you're going to hold or fly longer at low altitudes.

The other fields you mention are calculated by the FMS in the real thing once you insert the other values. Be sure to set the flaps and trim value for takeoff in the FMS. 1+F/ or 2/ is good enough for most scenarios. If the CG is set properly trim of 0.6-0.8 UP is enough. You would enter that as 2/UP0.8 or 1+F/UP0.7.

Thanks for this explanation! 

t-l-chargement